Old Whiskey Glasses > 50 years old

Status
Not open for further replies.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
A neighbor when I was growing up in Atlanta worked for a liquor distributor and gave my dad some of the promotional glasses. I do use some other glasses he used including some with his initials on them and some others I like that have more of a personal nature. Many other non branded that he used for occasional parties are in the hutch he built. The Weller Special Reserve are 4 1/2 high by 3 1/2 diameter and some logo's and gold rims are more worn than others. Some are nearly perfect. I just don't want them to go to someone doing 'slammers' or other games where they could be broken. There are 8 of the Weller and 4 of the smaller 3 1/2 x 3 1/4 Old Fitz. Over a dozen of the Johnnie Walker.

The Johnnie Walker are 3 1/2 x 2 3/4 . Anyone have an idea of value for something like this? See attached PDF photos.

Attachments

• Whiskey glasses.pdf
    147.3 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Is this the most Tennessee thread ever? I don't actually know since I'm not into collectibles in this area in any way. Just I really admire the "spirit" of the whole thing.
:thumbu:

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Is this the most Tennessee thread ever? I don't actually know since I'm not into collectibles in this area in any way. Just I really admire the "spirit" of the whole thing.
:thumbu:

OH hell, I'm in NY where the moonshine can compete with TN shine, I was born in NH which has the highest alcohol consumption per capita, and I went to a college in NH who's unofficial motto was 'A drinking school with an education problem.' I still wonder if they drink my drink dare when I was in school? Also my dad was in the army in the 60's, in Germany. He had some benders that would give 101st a run for his money.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I can't really comment because the only shot glasses I ever pay attention to are those kitchy tourist trap ones sold at every gift shop that I collect because one of my bosses used to hand them out as staff gifts when he went on trips and I caught the bug, but, hey, family tradition is an automatic +1 in my book. :thumbu:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Doesn't look like we're getting an answer. Maybe a call to Antique Road Show on PBS?

In the future, let's put this in the off topic thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->