Pre-Game Talk: Old-Time Hockey Reunion - Habs v. Leafs on Saturday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
With Weise around, Agostino gonna be placed on waivers for sure.

Looks like we're both wrong. Alzner was placed on waivers.

I think it would've been Agostino if they didn't acquire Frolin in the trade. With him becoming the 7th defenseman, Habs could afford sending another defenseman on waivers.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I may be biased, but I still think Danny Gallivan was the best. His calling a game was like story telling. No one could articulate and blend the action on the ice with such gems as : Savardian Spinorama, Cannonading drive (boulette canon:laugh:), scintillating save, and more. There was never any dead air when he was calling the game.

You're not biased. I meant to include Gallivan but since I didn't come up with his name on a timely manner, I added some inclusive language -- Gallivan is definitely in that exclusive club.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The sight of Tie Domi in Habs gear seems so weird, must drive Laff's fans nuts.

You'd be surprised how many Leaf fans soured on Domi after his hit on Nieds in the playoffs that made the Devs surge back.

However, it still looks gross :laugh:

Reactions: Forum93

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You'd be surprised how many Leaf fans soured on Domi after his hit on Nieds in the playoffs that made the Devs surge back.

However, it still looks gross :laugh:

Nieds, Devs, Cor. Diminutives central repping 4 duts (aka reporting for duty). :D

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Hi everyone. I am in Montreal for the first time ever for tonights game. So far I am having a blast in your city. I met a nice Habs fan named Martin earlier and everyone has been awesome so far. So many Habs jersies the city is alive right now. Gotten a few chirps about my jersey too but all in good fun.

I am in the nose bleeds tonight so hopefully we have a good game, high scoring and a lot of passion on both sides. Expecting a playoff atmosphere tonight. I do have one question, Martin told me to go to the 1909 bar across from the bell center and I'd meet more Habs friends there.. but I am kind of nervous to go with my Leaf jersey. Any advice there?

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Hi everyone. I am in Montreal for the first time ever for tonights game. So far I am having a blast in your city. I met a nice Habs fan named Martin earlier and everyone has been awesome so far. So many Habs jersies the city is alive right now. Gotten a few chirps about my jersey too but all in good fun.

I am in the nose bleeds tonight so hopefully we have a good game, high scoring and a lot of passion on both sides. Expecting a playoff atmosphere tonight. I do have one question, Martin told me to go to the 1909 bar across from the bell center and I'd meet more Habs friends there.. but I am kind of nervous to go with my Leaf jersey. Any advice there?

Make sure you get nice and drunk before. It's way too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->