Status
Not open for further replies.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
b6d9c821db8b2b1f1db8494644e62579

#Bloodlines

Max Domi (and KK too) is the best thing to happen to the Habs for awhile.

You just know that Max can spark a team and a crowd in a PO series.

Reactions: Runner77

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
b6d9c821db8b2b1f1db8494644e62579

67cQPMl.gif

#Bloodlines

:sarcasm:

A chip off the old block, sucker punch and all. Always hated his dad but if he was a Hab I probably would have loved having him on the team. Funny how Max's eyebrows haven't changed much over the years. :laugh:

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Regarding any hated rivalry between the Habs & Leafs, I personally can't say that I'm feeling it.

The TML simply don't have any dislikable players on their roster right now... other than maybe Kadri.

Rivalry? Definitely yes

Hatred? Not so far...

Imo.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Regarding any hated rivalry between the Habs & Leafs, I personally can't say that I'm feeling it.

The TML simply don't have any dislikable players on their roster right now... other than maybe Kadri.

Rivalry? Definitely yes

Hatred? Not so far...

Imo.

Kadri definitely belongs in the hated category, but other than him I don't really hate any of their players, it's their fans I can't stand.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Rivalry? Definitely yes

Hatred? Not so far...

Imo.

Everyone on the leafs is dislikeable

keep up!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Everyone on the leafs is dislikeable

keep up!

True, but a select few in here, could give Leaf fans a run for their money. :laugh:

By the way, why are these guys using TML when referring to themselves? And why are we not using TMC?

Last edited:

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006

Rivalry? Definitely yes

Hatred? Not so far...

Imo.

I agree, there really isn't any TML players that I hate. Marner is probably my favourite non Habs player. Even Kadri, who's a bit of a douche canoe. Grew up being a Habs fan, I'd love him on our team. I think since it's been awhile since we've played any meaningful games against them. Some of the dislike/hatred has subsided. Match us up with them for a playoff series, I think that would change.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Habs and Leafs on a Saturday Night in February with meaningful points on the line?

Feels good man.

Watched a lot of Leafs this year. It seems to take them a while to get going some games, but then they just turn on this switch and their talent takes over. I'd love to get on top of them early at home and really put the pressure on.

Don't. Take. Penalties.

GHG.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
All the old guys on this board squinting at their keyboards searching for the 'Like' button for your post.

All these guys from the olden days, there was a melodic quality to their voices. They didn't just make calls, but a form of music.

My favorite description of a broadcaster's delivery has always been when the words "dulcet tones" are associated with Dave Van Horne. Well, Bob Cole's calls also deserve an appropriate branding.

I would say that his voice just melded with the flow of the game, it had a commanding yet unintrusive presence. He fits right in there in an exclusive club that features Foster Hewitt, Dick Irvin, René Lecavalier and maybe a couple of others. Talk about rarefied air.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Habs and Leafs on a Saturday Night in February with meaningful points on the line?

Feels good man.

Watched a lot of Leafs this year. It seems to take them a while to get going some games, but then they just turn on this switch and their talent takes over. I'd love to get on top of them early at home and really put the pressure on.

Don't. Take. Penalties.

GHG.
Don't worry that doesn't happen to us! Game will have like 2 penalties max between both teams.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I agree, there really isn't any TML players that I hate. Marner is probably my favourite non Habs player. Even Kadri, who's a bit of a *****e canoe. Grew up being a Habs fan, I'd love him on our team. I think since it's been awhile since we've played any meaningful games against them. Some of the dislike/hatred has subsided. Match us up with them for a playoff series, I think that would change.
Yep, we haven't played them in the playoffs for 30+ years. Give it one playoff series and that will change for sure.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
GDT will be up in the afternoon. It will be a nice throwback to the past

I look forward to seeing it. :)

Best of luck to you and the rest of our fine Habs mods. Almost makes me wish to come out of retirement tonight, to kick some Leaf trolling ass. :)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
GDT will be up in the afternoon. It will be a nice throwback to the past

I finally was able to put together a couple of gifs to celebrate KK's recent goal run and one of them is specifically tailored to the Leafs.

Jaffy had asked me to post it when it was ready. I just wasn't able to come up with anything until now.

I'll add it to your thread as soon as it's up as I'll miss most of tonight's game and doubt I'll be able to post in the GDT.

Reactions: donghabs98

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Rivalry? Definitely yes

Hatred? Not so far...

Imo.

I think Kadri is one of the most dislikable players in the league, but I know what you mean. Most of the reasons to dislike the team are not in the players' control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad