Old man Tinner's ramblings: Most dominant playoff victory in Caps history

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
To me it was game 3 of the Patrick Division Finals in 1990.

Caps had just finished evening the series with the Patrick division winning (and favorites) New York Rangers at MSG.

Coming back home for game 3 after having lost both Dino and Hatcher due to dirty Kris King knees in games 1 and 2. Druce picked up the slack with a hat trick in game 2.

Caps end up outshooting the Rangers 51-17 and winning 7-1.

- Beaupre hurt himself in the 1st period and he was our #1 easy. Liut came in and shortly thereafter gave up a SH goal to Darren Turcotte to cut Caps lead to 2-1.

Then the butchery was in full effect. (not sure the exact order of all the goals in the game)

Ridley came in on Richter and absolutely SMOKED him on a sweet backhand to forehand breakaway move.

Druce just dominated the crease and the Rangers were helpless against him as he scored on a rebound after hard work by Hunter and Courtnall. (Druce on the loose had a couple goals this game)

Courtnall scored a sweet goal on a 3-2. The cheapshot Rangers - I believe it was Troy Mallette - ran Courtnalls head into the glass WELL after the play. Huge melee ensued and I think Stevens was ANGRY..never make Stevens ANGRY

Calle Johansson finished it off with a sweet snap wrister from the high slot in the 3rd.

Cap center was going wild. DESTRUCTION

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad