Old Baseball Cards 50s/60s

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Greetings from the Hockey forums. I inherited my Uncle's baseball card collection, roughly 1500 cards from 1957-1966, mainly Topps. Most are in 'belongs in a trashcan' condition and have been abused and written on, but there's several hundred that are in pretty decent shape. I'm still sorting through them all and nothing is currently listed for sale on eBay or anything, but I wanted to make a thread on here in case any of you collect old baseball cards and are missing any 'commons' to complete any sets. Shoot me a PM or post in here what you want/need and I'll set them aside.

Feel free to hijack the thread and just chat about cards in general.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
any notable players in the collection? you might be able to get something in return if they're in good enough shape

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
any notable players in the collection? you might be able to get something in return if they're in good enough shape
Several. I'm pulling the gems out and doing research to see if its worth the price of having them graded. The remaining 'bulk' aren't really worth the time and effort it would take to list them on ebay, but I also don't want to throw them out - hence why I posted here to take requests.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Several. I'm pulling the gems out and doing research to see if its worth the price of having them graded. The remaining 'bulk' aren't really worth the time and effort it would take to list them on ebay, but I also don't want to throw them out - hence why I posted here to take requests.
yeah, if they're in good shape and of star players definitely look into grading as it'll increase the value by quite a bit

if you have a local card shop, see if they'd be interested in taking the rest of the lot. my local shop keeps all the worthless base cards and gives them to kids

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Local card shop doesn't have the interest, on the fence about getting them graded because of the outrageous costs of the grading. I stopped collecting hockey cards years ago because I felt that the grading industry ruined the hobby.

There's a shop on the other side of town that has on site Beckett grading evaluations though. I'm thinking about getting an estimate from them before I spend $2k getting the gems graded.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Local card shop doesn't have the interest, on the fence about getting them graded because of the outrageous costs of the grading. I stopped collecting hockey cards years ago because I felt that the grading industry ruined the hobby.

There's a shop on the other side of town that has on site Beckett grading evaluations though. I'm thinking about getting an estimate from them before I spend $2k getting the gems graded.
i know some LCS offer group deals on grading. that's the only way i'd bother getting a card graded. but it seems like you have more than just a couple cards that would be worth grading so definitely look into that.

also, you can usually find someone legit on blowoutcards who does group submissions as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad