Okposo- worst fight ever?

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Okposo with a meh hit, but then for some reason feels the need to stand up for it.. dude has a bad concussion history, it's a 3-2 game, he looked uncomfortable the whole time, and he gets rocked- why? Why do that to yourself? I guess getting DeAngelo off the ice was a solid, dude was a beast, but jeez what an ugly fight.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Wow. Does Toni D. wear a wrist brace? Looks like he caught him (accidentally) with the forearm.

The old Sheldon Souray/Darren McCarty special.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dec 17, 2018
In before Alex semin highlight.

Haha at least Semin was doing the slapping though- untied jersey aiding him, of course, but all the same..

Okposo walked into a fight he never should have taken and pretty much got one punched- that's some rarified air, right there.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dec 17, 2018
I feel bad for Okposso. He's had some pretty bad head problems with concussions and all over his career. He doesn't need this. I don't think he came back into the game after that.

Ya he seemed kinda dazed afterwards, then I didn't see him the rest of the game.. I just don't get it. Why put yourself in that position? Hope he's alright, but I also just can't wrap my head around why he'd take this fight.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Any time I see Okposo drop the gloves I fear for his safety...tonight was no different. Yikes.

Reactions: MattMartin

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
When a player has a history of head injuries he should be extra careful about boarding opponents. Not only should he know better having been a victim himself. But there’s a good chance it’ll lead to a fight.

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
If someone's worldview is so black and white that they can't even muster up sympathy for the guy as a human, then I don't know, I guess you're the one who has to live that life and that's your prerogative but it's not the way I'd care to do things. Life is complicated, decisions that seem easy from afar get complicated up close, and none of us are in a position to make a Pros/Cons list for Kyle Okposo's life and decide what the "right" call would be.

Any affection I ever had for Dan Carcillo lasted about as long as I would in a fight with him, but I don't get some kind of sanctimonious pleasure when I hear about what he's struggling with

Last edited by a moderator:

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
That was tough to watch.

The fact that he was gearing himself so hard before punches got thrown is whats funny to me.

But regardless, hope Okposo is ok

Slap

Sep 28, 2017
I don't remember who they were but there was a "fight" where the guys took forever to square off and eventually the refs just ended it with zero punches thrown. I think the other team was the Senators. Somewhere back in the 90's. That's the worst fight of all-time.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dec 17, 2018
Okposo with what, his 3rd or 4th career NHL fight? Dumb thread.

Edit: 4th and 1st since 2015

Kyle Okposo

How's that make it a dumb thread when that's exactly my point- Okposo had no business fighting. At least that was Boulerice's thing, this just seems like the most ill-conceived scrap of all-time imo.

Edit- Actually I just wanna clarify in general- I'm not saying worst performance ever, there's plenty of bad fights and I wouldn't give Okposo shit like that. I'm more talking about plan, execution, and end result- start to end that whole thing just shouldn't have happened. He's the last guy who should be fighting. "Worst fight" as in "worst player to throw down when he doesn't have to", "worst idea" sort of thing. I really like Okposo, ya he's got a bad contract, but I had a sinking feeling the moment he dropped the gloves.. hope he's alright.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->