Okposo v Sheppard v Tlusty

Marc-E-

Sep 19, 2004
Montréal, Québec
Certainly the guy who has more upside is Okposo. He's skating really well and he's physical. He was the MVP in the USHL playoff. He's attempting to Minessota where's the spotlight gonna be on Johnson and others. So, you should pick Okposo in terms of upsides. I really like him and believe he could be a young version of Bill Guerin.

mooseOAK*

Depends on where Tlusty ends up playing, most likely the Soo but he may still end up with the Marlies.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Hi guys - I'm in a fantasy pool and I can take one of these guys. Does anybody have any insight based on actual viewings? If not, who would you take for pure offensive potential/likelyhood based on readings?

Thanks

All three guys are considered pretty good bets to make some impact on either a second or third line simply based on the fact they have NHL bodies and NHL games. Highest points potential to me is Sheppard but he is likely the one who will take the longest to reach it, Tlusty is considered by many a solid pospect who will likely hit his NHL stride as a 20-25+ goal scorer in a few years and i cant say i have any imput on Okposos.

Rand

Oct 17, 2002
AskMe
I'd probably go with Okposo, Sheppard may just have the highest upside though... but he has more question marks and probably isn't nearly as likely to reach his upside or in a worst case scenario even the NHL as Tlusty/Okposo.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
I don't think Sheppard has the pro level offensive upside either of them do - especially Okposo. I like his ability to finish, but I don't see him being a guy who carries an NHL line offensivly. I see that in Okposo, and I can see Tlusty potentially growing into that type of role.

Okposo

Tlusty
Sheppard

Transported Upstater

Pure offensive potential, I say Okposo. He's arguably the highest risk of the three, but he's likely the highest reward as well.

leafaholix*

Okposo has the highest potential, Sheppard is the safest....

I say go with Sheppard, I have a gut feeling he's going to be the best one.

Okposo, highest potential.
Tlusty, the safest.

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
I'm not a huge fan of Okposo. Not many will agree with me but he has bust potential in my mind.

Sheppard is a good bet for the NHL but his offensive potential is still questionable. He could be a good scorer or max out as a 3rd liner.

Even before the draft I liked Tlusty best and I still do now. I probably would have chosen Tlusty over the other two and luckily enough he fell anyway. My personal preference is....

1. Tlusty
2. Sheppard
3. Okposo

Transported Upstater

Sheppard

Tlusty/Okoposo

Make no mistake about it, I'm not dissapointed with JT at all, but I was so pissed at Minnesota when they picked Sheppard. I wanted to have him with our organization so badly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->