WGR: Okposo is impressed with Ralph Krueger

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
If he can get the guys to “buy in” to an effective system, then having a coach who they respect and will run through a wall for is gravy.

I’m intrigued by the man, and it sounds like a lot of the guys who have either played for him before, or are just meeting him not are as well. I just hope it translates to winning hockey.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I know a lot of people disagree, but I think talent, or lack thereof, has been a much larger reason for poor results rather than effort

A team can't win when they are both shy on talent and shy on playing with attention to details. We do know that teams shy on talent can game the system a bit when everyone buys in to be hyper-detailed. And we know that teams chuck full of talent win.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
A team can't win when they are both shy on talent and shy on playing with attention to details. We do know that teams shy on talent can game the system a bit when everyone buys in to be hyper-detailed. And we know that teams chuck full of talent win.

I thought Phil told us all we should know about checking detail?

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
Can hockey come back already?
Krueger's living up to my expectations as the glue guy, and we knew that Granato, Smith, and company will be the actual controls behind the bench.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Can hockey come back already?
Krueger's living up to my expectations as the glue guy, and we knew that Granato, Smith, and company will be the actual controls behind the bench.
uh oh.....I haven't been paying attention....... Cami Granato has joined the staff?

You can't mean Tony Granato???? Can you???

Geez, his kid was on one of my midget teams. Great person/family. But I cannot help but remember how Kariya and Selanne flamed out under his leadership......

Well my worry factor went up couple of notches.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
uh oh.....I haven't been paying attention....... Cami Granato has joined the staff?

Geez, his kid was on one of my midget teams. Great person/family. But I cannot help but remember how Kariya and Selanne flamed out under his leadership......

Don Granato

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Okposo seriously going to be on the Sabres this year? I thought for sure he would be taking Moulson's spot in the AHL.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Q’s former assistant in Chicago: Don.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
It's that time of the year. Everyone is in the best shape of their life and primed for breakout seasons, and everyone loves the new coach and/or new players the team has added. Players that will absolutely put the team over the top and help them make the playoffs/win the cup.

Enjoy the euphoria. It may last until November or maybe even December if we're lucky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad