Discussion in 'Basketball' started by mymerlincat, Jul 6, 2019.
I don't see how these moves make the Clippers a championship team.
You don't see how adding a top 3 player + a top 10 player can make you a championship team?
all this just to lose in the second round lmfao
No conference finals in their 50 year franchise history. They also went 30 years without winning a playoff round from 1975-76 to 2005-06. That's just honestly depressing and I'm not even a clippers fan in the slightest.
- Danilo Gallinari (A good vet player who fit well with OKC)
- Shai Gilgeious-Alexander (A great young player)
- 2021 First Round Pick (Heats pick unprotected)
- 2022 First Round Pick (Clippers pick unprotected)
- 2023 First Round Pick (Heat pick , Top 14 protected)
- 2024 First Round Pick (Clippers pick unprotected)
- 2026 First Round pick (Clippers pick unprotected)
- Right to swap 1st round picks with Clippers in 2023
- Right to swap 1st round picks with Clippers in 2025
My feeling on trade at time was it was too much to pay and I think several of those picks will end up pretty good in draft... Could be NBA equivalent of the Cowboys trading Walker
Alexander already looks great for OKC
For Clippers they have a small contending window and they really blew what may have been best chance to win with this collapse
Kawhi was never a top 3 player but at least there's some arguments. PG was never a top 10 player. #1 choker for sure.
I found this very prescient post on the first page. They could have used someone to create easy baskets instead of taking turns throwing up bricks in the 4th quarter.
All I can say to this trade is yikes.... Still time for the Clippers to get a Championship, but it's looking rather unfortunate at the moment.
Nevermind that Elgin Baylor kept his GM job for 20 of those years. Honestly, if Cuban and others hadn't forced Stern to nix the CP3 trade to the Lakers, Clips would probably still be irrelevant.
I love how some are trying to say if things were normal and they were playing at Staples Center they would have done better..... please.
Me every time I checked the score in the 4th quarter
Separate names with a comma.