Trade: [OKC/LAC] Paul George for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Danilo Gallinari, 5 1st round picks, and 2 swaps

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
No conference finals in their 50 year franchise history. They also went 30 years without winning a playoff round from 1975-76 to 2005-06. That's just honestly depressing and I'm not even a clippers fan in the slightest.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
- Danilo Gallinari (A good vet player who fit well with OKC)
- Shai Gilgeious-Alexander (A great young player)
- 2021 First Round Pick (Heats pick unprotected)
- 2022 First Round Pick (Clippers pick unprotected)
- 2023 First Round Pick (Heat pick , Top 14 protected)
- 2024 First Round Pick (Clippers pick unprotected)
- 2026 First Round pick (Clippers pick unprotected)
- Right to swap 1st round picks with Clippers in 2023
- Right to swap 1st round picks with Clippers in 2025

My feeling on trade at time was it was too much to pay and I think several of those picks will end up pretty good in draft... Could be NBA equivalent of the Cowboys trading Walker

Alexander already looks great for OKC

For Clippers they have a small contending window and they really blew what may have been best chance to win with this collapse

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
All I can say to this trade is yikes.... Still time for the Clippers to get a Championship, but it's looking rather unfortunate at the moment.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I don't see how these moves make the Clippers a championship team.

Nostradamus!

No conference finals in their 50 year franchise history. They also went 30 years without winning a playoff round from 1975-76 to 2005-06. That's just honestly depressing and I'm not even a clippers fan in the slightest.

Nevermind that Elgin Baylor kept his GM job for 20 of those years. Honestly, if Cuban and others hadn't forced Stern to nix the CP3 trade to the Lakers, Clips would probably still be irrelevant.

- Danilo Gallinari (A good vet player who fit well with OKC)
- Shai Gilgeious-Alexander (A great young player)
- 2021 First Round Pick (Heats pick unprotected)
- 2022 First Round Pick (Clippers pick unprotected)
- 2023 First Round Pick (Heat pick , Top 14 protected)
- 2024 First Round Pick (Clippers pick unprotected)
- 2026 First Round pick (Clippers pick unprotected)
- Right to swap 1st round picks with Clippers in 2023
- Right to swap 1st round picks with Clippers in 2025

My feeling on trade at time was it was too much to pay and I think several of those picks will end up pretty good in draft... Could be NBA equivalent of the Cowboys trading Walker

Alexander already looks great for OKC

For Clippers they have a small contending window and they really blew what may have been best chance to win with this collapse

I love how some are trying to say if things were normal and they were playing at Staples Center they would have done better..... please.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Me every time I checked the score in the 4th quarter

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Pandemic P has his own team mates rolling their eyes at him. Ouch.

Yeah that's not a good sign. OTOH, did Kawhi have anything to say at all? Given the choice, it's better to be the guy who tried to be a leader and failed at it, than the guy who's supposed to be the leader and doesn't even bother to try.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Yeah that's not a good sign. OTOH, did Kawhi have anything to say at all? Given the choice, it's better to be the guy who tried to be a leader and failed at it, than the guy who's supposed to be the leader and doesn't even bother to try.

He's a leader who leads by example. He has two NBA championships and two Finals MVP to show for it. He's not the problem.

On a side note, it's unfortunate that he badly wanted to go play in LA. He had two situations in San Antonio and Toronto, where they had built a great supporting cast around him and chose to go back home where he does have a good supporting cast, but the pieces there aren't a perfect fit. Compare that to Toronto where they're a defensive juggernaut and would have surrounded Leonard with plenty of dangerous 3-point shooters. He could have had multiple championships with Toronto.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
He's a leader who leads by example. He has two NBA championships and two Finals MVP to show for it. He's not the problem.

His first MVP he was a talented young pup on a veteran team. He won that because he did a surprising job defending Lebron, but it could easily have gone to someone else. Last year he was great in the playoffs.

But let's be real here, if SA had lost no one would have blamed him for anything. If KD and Klay don't get hurt, no one blames him if they lose last year either. It's a whole lot different being a leader when you're going to get a crap-ton of heat if your team fails. The burden of that expectation comes with some responsibility beyond just playing. Now, that doesn't mean he has to necessarily be super-vocal ... but I would hope he said *something* to his teammates after game 7 and didn't just slink off after that meek performance.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
His first MVP he was a talented young pup on a veteran team. He won that because he did a surprising job defending Lebron, but it could easily have gone to someone else. Last year he was great in the playoffs.

But let's be real here, if SA had lost no one would have blamed him for anything. If KD and Klay don't get hurt, no one blames him if they lose last year either. It's a whole lot different being a leader when you're going to get a crap-ton of heat if your team fails. The burden of that expectation comes with some responsibility beyond just playing. Now, that doesn't mean he has to necessarily be super-vocal ... but I would hope he said *something* to his teammates after game 7 and didn't just slink off after that meek performance.

He certainly learned from a great leader in Tim Duncan. He has a similar style - reserved, quiet.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008

Leonard defended LeBron and he led the Spurs in scoring in those Finals. He deserved Finals MVP more than anyone else.

Why are you bringing this up anyways? The tweet doesn't even mention what Leonard did, and you're here speculating that he may have said nothing and using it as criticism against him.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Leonard defended LeBron and he led the Spurs in scoring in those Finals. He deserved Finals MVP more than anyone else.

Probably. That being said though, it's different when you're The Guy, as opposed to the kid on a team with established stars. We all know he wasn't the leader of that Spurs team.

I mean, Cedric Maxwell and Andre Iguoadala are Finals MVPs too, but we all know who the most important players were to those championships.

Why are you bringing this up anyways? The tweet doesn't even mention what Leonard did, and you're here speculating that he may have said nothing and using it as criticism against him.

I suppose in a way, I think it's kind of sad that what happened with PG could in any way be seen as a knock on him. I think it says more about his teammates. And I'm not even remotely a PG fan. But yeah, maybe Kawhi said something. I sure hope so. Because if he played like that, then just walked out without a word, that'd be sad.

But ultimately with regards to Kawhi, to me anyone who comes in with the express intent of "load managing," all year does not sound like anyone I'd ever want as a leader of a team. What a horrible way to lead by example. No wonder a bunch of Clippers were complaining about being winded in game 7.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020

Leonard had no business winning Finals MVP in 2014...

LeBron averaged 28.2 PPG, 7.8 RPG. 4.0 APG. 57.1 FG%, 51.9 3P%

Leonard averaged 17 points, 6.4 rebounds, and 2 assists

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020

See my post above...

LeBron clearly deserved the MVP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad