Byers #34-Vande Velde #29-House #21

Deck #8-J. Schultz #5
Fedun #27-Teubert #33
Marincin #28-Henry #39

Roy #31
Danis #35

Scratches:

Healthy: D Plante #4, W Pitlick #9, W Cornet #15

Injured: D Davidson #3 (Testicular Cancer), W Tyrvainen #14 (Broken Wrist), Ringwald #6 (Wrist)

Loaned To WJC's: C Nugent-Hopkins #18

Reassigned To Stockton: W Abney #36

Suspended: W Pelss #23

AEROS:
TBD
Roster

[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Who to watch?]BARONS TO WATCH: The battle for the AHL's leading scorer has heated up as both Jordan Eberle (on the back of a 4-1-5 performance on Saturday) and Justin Schultz are tied for the league lead in points with 37. Eberle has the tiebreaker since he has more goals (19 vs. 13).

AEROS TO WATCH: Mikael Granlund is back in the Aeros lineup and looks to continue his success against the Barons this season. Granlund leads a solid young group of promising forwards which include fellow rookies Charlie Coyle and Jason Zucker. [/fieldset]

[fieldset=Barons Number of the Day]The number of the day is 4 as in Eberle's 4 goal game, the 1st hattrick of his young professional hockey career.[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Quotable]"He usually bugs me in the room if I have 2, he says I'm going to get a hattrick which usually jinxes it"-Jordan Eberle on teammate Taylor Hall giving him a hard time about never scoring a pro hattrick prior to Saturday's 4 goal effort against the Rampage[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Team Comparison]
| Barons | Aeros
Games|25|25
Points|29|30
Wins|13|13
GF|83|78
GA|74|70
Power Play %|23.6|19.8
Penalty Kill %|79.1|82.0
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Team Leaders]
| Barons | Aeros
GOALS: |Eberle (19)|Zucker (12)
ASSISTS:|Schultz (24)|Fontaine and Connelly (13)
+/-: |Schultz and Eberle (+12)|McIntyre (+13)
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Today's Videos]
[/fieldset]

Last edited:

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
Tough game, its their third game in a row and its a tough opponent. It must be hard playing three games in three nights its also something they never had to do in the nhl

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Is Nelson going to play the same lines? 3 games in a row seems brutal.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I'm fully expecting Eberle to score two goals on zero shots. If he doesn't I'll be crushed.

He technically can...just have him touch the puck last and hope the Houston D shoots into own net:laugh:

OilFury

Nov 17, 2012
there were highlights of the game so i'm not getting why we couldnt watch it..conspiracy i say!

looking forward to a good game

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
I'm fully expecting Eberle to score two goals on zero shots. If he doesn't I'll be crushed.

I fully expect by the end of Eberle's career most of mathmatics will be re written to account for his unsustainability. The new theroem will be the Eberle theroem and it will blow people's minds.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
So if people in OKC didn't know about Eberle...they do now. That last game was definitely the most people they have had in the building (probably double the usual).

Pretty excited for this game as I can actually watch it (knock on wood). Although it is their 3rd game in 3 nights this I don't expect any less of an effort. I'm sure Nelson has stressed to them the importance of these games and this one even more so.

Division rival who is in 2nd right now but only 1 point up on us. With a win there tonight we fly up to 2nd from 4th place past Texas and Houston who both have 30 points. Hopefully we see that drive tonight that shows we are a team who wants to win and be at the top.

Would love to see a big game from Hallsy!

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Not to be a debbie downer or anything but the Aeros will win this. Guaranteed. It's our 3rd game in 3 nights and they own us

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I fully expect by the end of Eberle's career most of mathmatics will be re written to account for his unsustainability. The new theroem will be the Eberle theroem and it will blow people's minds.

I've already been working on it. It's what I like to call EUE (Eberle Unsustainability Equivalency). Basically, you take any random person's shooting percentage, and goal totals, and you multiply them by 1.42 (the math is too long and complicated to explain the number).

Therefore, a guy like Landeskog (22 G, 8.15%) would have actually had 31 goals, at a respectable enough 11.57% (too bad we took that bust Nuge instead of a 30+ goal scorer)

It's even more amazing with Stamkos. His EUE resulted in a whopping 85 goals, at 28.11%!!

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
I've already been working on it. It's what I like to call EUE (Eberle Unsustainability Equivalency). Basically, you take any random person's shooting percentage, and goal totals, and you multiply them by 1.42 (the math is too long and complicated to explain the number).

Therefore, a guy like Landeskog (22 G, 8.15%) would have actually had 31 goals, at a respectable enough 11.57% (too bad we took that bust Nuge instead of a 30+ goal scorer)

It's even more amazing with Stamkos. His EUE resulted in a whopping 85 goals, at 28.11%!!

If Gretzky would have had Eberle's EUE he would have scored 14 million goals. Its crazy really.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Feels like the Aeros have had our number this year.

I'd really love for the Barons to lay a beating on them today though with this being the 3rd game in 3 days that seems unlikely.

Aeros and Minnie fans despise Hall now after the Brodin incident so I'd like him to notch a few points at least.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Eberle... using his shooting percentage to remove all the unsuitability from the world... The hero we need now, but what we don't deserve...

victor

Sep 6, 2003
It seems Eberle is pretty selfish. He seems happy taking all the unsustainability he can.

Yep, entirely selfish...

Listen to what his team mates think:

Jordan "Unsustainable Shooting Percentage" Eberle.

Classic.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Eberle... using his shooting percentage to remove all the unsuitability from the world... The hero we need now, but what we don't deserve...

Wow. I never even considered that. All I hear on the news is how the world is unsustainable. Here comes Eberle to suck all that up. Make the world sustainable again. Save the world and save us from our selves.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Really appreciate these GDT BBO. Thanks!

You're welcome, I usually don't reply to these posts but I do notice them and I am glad that people get enjoyment from these GDT's.

Not to be a debbie downer or anything but the Aeros will win this. Guaranteed. It's our 3rd game in 3 nights and they own us

We'll see, they have had our number and yes it is our 3rd in 3 nights. That said we are healthier than we have been in awhile and we are riding the high of beating San Antonio twice. Hopefully we can pull this one out.

large.png
@
large.png

STARS: 15-8-2-2 VS BARONS: 13-10-1-3

[fieldset=Game Info]Game Day: Saturday December 22nd 2012
Game Time: 6:00PM MDT
Radio:
PPV AHL Neulion
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Lineups]BARONS: TBD, My Guess At This Point
Hamilton #13-Arcobello #26-Eberle #7
Hall #22-Green #12-Hartikainen #10
Paajarvi #19-Lander #16-Pitlick #9
Byers #34-Vande Velde #29-House #21

Deck #8-J. Schultz #5
Fedun #27-Teubert #33
Marincin #28-Henry #39

Danis #35
Roy #31

Scratches:

Healthy: D Plante #4, C Martindale #17, W Cornet #15

Injured: D Davidson #3 (Testicular Cancer), W Tyrvainen #14 (Broken Wrist), Ringwald #6 (Wrist)

Loaned To WJC's: C Nugent-Hopkins #18

Reassigned To Stockton: W Abney #36

Suspended: W Pelss #23

STARS:
TBD
Roster

[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Who to watch?]BARONS TO WATCH: Taylor Hall was the only player that could get anything going against the Stars on Friday and he nearly potted a couple of goals with top end stickhandling at top speed.

STARS TO WATCH: The Stars are a well coached team that plays a solid defensive system. Players like Eakin and Morin seem to stand out among their peers. [/fieldset]

[fieldset=Barons Number of the Day]The number of the day is 3 as in the number of times that the Barons have been shutout this season after 27 games. [/fieldset]

[fieldset=Quotable]"He has parts of [Scott] Niedermayer and one player he reminds me of is Drew Doughty," Oklahoma City coach Todd Nelson told NHL.com. "The NHL is a step higher, but I see him doing the same thing up there. Maybe not as explosive in his first year, but I see him contributing offensively. I see him playing a lot of minutes, just as he does here -- and he plays about 30 minutes a game, handles it well."-- Oklahoma City coach Todd Nelson talking about Justin Schultz in an interview with NHL.com[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Season Series]
Date | Location | Result
10/28|OKC| 4-2 OKC
11/21|Texas| OKC 6-4
12/21|OKC| 3-0 Texas
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Team Comparison]
| Barons | Stars
Games|27|27
Points|30|34
Wins|13|15
GF|86|67
GA|81|65
Power Play %|22.9|14.9
Penalty Kill %|79.7|81.7
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Team Leaders]
| Barons | Stars
GOALS: |Eberle (19)|Fraser (10)
ASSISTS:|Schultz (24)|Eakin (11)
+/-: |Eberle and Schultz (+12)|Eakin (+11)
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Today's Videos]
[/fieldset]

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Also of note this is also Houston's 3rd game in 3 nights and they had to travel from Charlotte to Houston yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->