GDT: OKC Barons AT Milwaukee Admirals Saturday 1/5 7:00PM CST

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
5-1 Lost to the Grand Rappids Griffins?!??! Forget about it!!!

large.png
@
large.png

BARONS: 17-12-1-3 VS ADMIRALS: 33-16-13-2

[fieldset=Game Info]Game Day: Saturday January 5th 2013
Game Time: 7:00PM CST
Radio:
PPV AHL Neulion
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Lineups]BARONS: TBD, not confirmed
Hall #22-Arcobello #26-Eberle #7
Paajarvi #19-Lander #16-Hartikainen #10
Byers #13-Green #12-Pitlick #9
Hamilton #34-Vande Velde #29-House #21

Deck #8-J. Schultz #5
Marincin #28- Plante #4
Lafranchise #2-Fedun #27

Danis #35
Roy #31

Scratches:

Healthy: RW Lizon #36, D Henry #39, C.Teubert #33

Injured: D Davidson #3 (Testicular Cancer), W Tyrvainen #14 (Broken Wrist), Ringwald #6 (Wrist)

Loaned To WJC's: C Nugent-Hopkins #18

Suspended: W Pelss #23

Reassigned To Stockton: C Martindale #17, W Cornet #15

ADMIRALS

Roster[/B]
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Who to watch?]BARONS TO WATCH: Expect the big line of Hall, Arcobello, and Eberle all to rebound after a disappointed night against the Griffins, Justin Schultz continued with his hot hand against the Griffins scoring a third period goal, he now has 18 goals on the season.

ADMIRALS TO WATCH Taylor Beck leads the Admirals offense with 22pts, followed closely by center Michael Latta who has 21. Austin Watson and Chris Mueller both lead the Admirals in goals with 12. Jeremy Smith is the Admirals number one goalie, he currently has a saving percentage of 0.913 [/fieldset]

[fieldset=Barons Number of the Day]The number of the day is 2 as in the number of goals that Justin Schultz needs to score to tie the AHL rookie record for a defenseman. The overall record is 30. Taylor Hall is also only two points out of top five in league scoring, currently he sits tied at sixth with 33pts in only 25 games[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Team Comparison]
| Barons | Admirals
Games|33|32
Points|38|35
Wins|17|16
GF|109|87
GA|100|92
Power Play %|25.7 (1st)|19.1 (8th)
Penalty Kill %|79.2 (29th)|82.0 (20th)
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Team Leaders]
| Barons | Admirals
GOALS: |Eberle (24)|Watson/Mueller (12)
ASSISTS:|Schultz (28)|Beck (17)
+/-: |Eberle (+12)|V.Bartley(+7)
[/fieldset]

todd-nelson-oklahoma-city-barons.jpg

Under
Fire? Or Getting Fired?

Nelsons been behind the bench of the barons since 2010..has his time come to take a bullet for this team?

I'm only kidding..

So What is the current issue with Our BELOVED Barons??

Is it... hmmm...:sarcasm:

To many awesome goals from Schultz and Eberle..it's making us all mad..we want the NHL already! They've proved themselves at this level already, next please..

We have about one and a half lines of fulltime NHL players at the forward position, and one defenceman that would make Crosby happy on the PP on "Any Given Sunday"...sounds like we have the talent..

But wait, on defense the Barons are almost as bad as the Oilers..

Defensively this team struggled to keep the puck out of the net, currently having allowed the ninth most goals in the league at 100 GA, only 12 behind the league worst Lake Eerie Monsters.

Jimmy the Baron was featured on Englands Greatest Late Night Show yesterday..he was asked about his love for the Barons, Justin Schultz, Taylor Hall and other Barons stars..
You can find the interview here
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/14075699/jimmythebaron

I haven't updated the teams PP% and PK% yet..it's time to go watch World Juniors!

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Good stuff, hopefully the change in GDT makers will light a fire under their ass! :sarcasm:

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
That's quite a record the Admirals have, as many wins as we have total games played? I do not like our chances in this one given those numbers :sarcasm:

I want the Nordic line to shine in this one.

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
I dont see how the barons wont win this one..lookin at the Admirals top PIM and looks like they could alll qualify to play for sweden..
Austin Watson is their goal leader and he's an AHL rookie who was a 2nd-3rd line grinder in juniors last year as an over ager...

I also wonder if Nu-hop will make it back in time for tomorrows game..

calvinguy

Sep 12, 2010
I can't stand another game of this ahl live BS. When is our next game on sportsnet?

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
I seriously don't think the lockout will last another week..if all they're arguing is over pension, then it's just the Union trying to make a stand that they will not be bullied next time..
Whatever..Go Barons for now!

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
another TO game--I am Shocked I tell ya

SHOCKED!!!!!

I used to be a Leafs/Oilers fan..I still don't hate the leafs..I just find the Toronto media annoying, they ever value their players more than we did during the Cogliano, Niilson, Gagner kid line years.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Updated forwards and defense courtesy of the OKC Barons' official Twitter feed.

Hall-Arcobello-Eberle
Paajarvi-Lander-Hartikainen
Byers-Green-Pitlick
Hamilton-VandeVelde-House

Deck/Schultz
Marincin/Plante
Lafranchise/Fedun

Teubert is out. I'm curious to see what Lafranchise can do.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Updated forwards and defense courtesy of the OKC Barons' official Twitter feed.

Hall-Arcobello-Eberle
Paajarvi-Lander-Hartikainen
Byers-Green-Pitlick
Hamilton-VandeVelde-House

Deck/Schultz
Marincin/Plante
Lafranchise/Fedun

Teubert is out. I'm curious to see what Lafranchise can do.

Lafranchise would be such an awesome name if he was superstar.

Baronsfan

Nov 10, 2010
I seriously don't think the lockout will last another week..if all they're arguing is over pension, then it's just the Union trying to make a stand that they will not be bullied next time..
Whatever..Go Barons for now!

Is there a written code out there that you can only root for your AHL affiliate while the NHL is MIA "for now"?

Honestly, I'm done with the optimism regarding the negotiating. I'm taking it all with a grain of salt, but it wouldn't surprise me if a deal is done next week.

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
with the way the admirals socks look it looks like they're wearing their chin pads on top of their socks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->