OK, who will be the top scorer, MVP, best D-man, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namso

Aug 25, 2005
top scorer: latendresse
top forward: mikus
mvp: chipchura
top dman: emelin
top goalie: schwarz

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
It's tough to call, but I fully expect Malkin to look like Wayne Gretzky playing the children in the paliative care ward...not to mention Gretzky is playing with 4 clones of himself, all from his prime, and the children have two players, each serving double minors, in the box.

Wait...did I say tough call?

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Top Scorer - Malkin
MVP - Malkin
Top Forward - Kessel
Top Defenceman - Lemtyugov
Top goalie - Pogge

joe_shannon_1983*

Leading scorer - Kessel
Best Forward - Kessel
Best Defenseman - Kessel
Best Goaltender - Kessel

And the MVP....

MVP - Kessel (was there any doubt?)

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
ferns8916 said:
Leading scorer - Kessel
Best Forward - Kessel
Best Defenseman - Kessel
Best Goaltender - Kessel

And the MVP....

MVP - Kessel (was there any doubt?)

i like norway , i heard they are very good in skiing.

Joretus

After seeing Malkin play against men(and top european based) I wouldn't bet any1 else than Malkin in scoring&forward categories. MVP too if Russia will go for final.

knight44

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
Top Scorer: Phil Kessel or Robbie Schremp
Top Forward: Phil Kessel
Best D: Eric Johnson
Best Goalie: Marek Schwarz
MVP: Phil Kessel

Ill tell you why Malkin wont do what everyone thinks he wll, look at last night he had 1 goal 1 assist agianst Sweden, who is known for bad goaltending. Malkin cant do that agianst Canada and ezpeshally USA, id he does he will go home crying like last year. I was expecting at least a hat trick agianst Sweden atleast, The way USA is scoring goals and Kessel is racking up points Malkin wont catch up.

Gold Medal goes to: USA! 7-2 win over Canada

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
knight44 said:
Top Scorer: Phil Kessel or Robbie Schremp
Top Forward: Phil Kessel
Best D: Eric Johnson
Best Goalie: Marek Schwarz
MVP: Phil Kessel

Ill tell you why Malkin wont do what everyone thinks he wll, look at last night he had 1 goal 1 assist agianst Sweden, who is known for bad goaltending. Malkin cant do that agianst Canada and ezpeshally USA, id he does he will go home crying like last year. I was expecting at least a hat trick agianst Sweden atleast, The way USA is scoring goals and Kessel is racking up points Malkin wont catch up.

Gold Medal goes to: USA! 7-2 win over Canada

oh boy and that´s all after ONE game ? :biglaugh:
It was Norway - N O R W A Y

knight44

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
were you saying that last year when Canada was dystroying bad teams? the US team is stacked beyond stacked.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Top scorer - Malkin
Top forward - Malkin
Top defenseman - Smid
Top goalie - Schwarz
MVP - Schwarz/Malkin

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Instead of putting my words down here, some NHL scout opinions, from this article:

* The second overall pick after Alexander Ovechkin in the 2004 entry draft is, quite simply, the stud of this year's tournament, which starts Monday in Vancouver. Consider what Ovechkin and Sidney Crosby are doing this season in the NHL against the best players in the world and then consider that many hockey observers think Malkin is every bit as good as those two. Then project that level of talent against 18- and 19-year-old players who are a couple of years away from the NHL and you have a recipe for world domination.

* "Evgeni Malkin is the best player outside the NHL right now and it isn't even close," said Maple Leafs pro scout Craig Button. "He's as dominant a 19-year-old I've seen since Peter Forsberg. He's unbelievable scary and he can beat you in so many areas and in so many ways."

* Scouts who have gone to Russia this year are in full agreement with the former coach of the Canadian national team.
"He could be as dominant a player as there has ever been in this tournament," said one. "One of the reasons for that is that 19-year-old players this good rarely get to play in the world juniors."

* "I'd be surprised if he didn't win the scoring title in this tournament by a double-digit margin," said another scout. "Maybe one of his linemates will come close because whoever plays with him is going to get a lot of points, too."

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...ol=970081593064

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
monster_bertuzzi said:
How could Malkin be the top scorer and the MVP...yet Kesel the top forward?

Same reason Ovechkin won the top forward and Bergeron won the MVP I guess.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Namso said:
top scorer: latendresse
top forward: mikus
mvp: chipchura
top dman: emelin
top goalie: schwarz

You know, there some moments when you have to put your allegeance aside... ;)

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
GagneOwnsYou said:
Top Scorer and MVP: Bobby Ryan
Best D-man: Marc Staal
Best Goalie: Tuukka Rask

Congrats: only poster to tab both Staal and Rask. 2 outta 3 ain't bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->