OK, what the hell is going on here...Phaneuf fights Ladd, then Fraser fights Getzlaf!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:
Maybe you can help me, BTW. I think you follow the Hitmen, right? Wasn't there a D with unreal stats a couple of years ago? 2000 I think?

Matt Kinch comes to mind based on that description. Averaged size defender who put up 84 points in 70 games in 2000-01, 75 points in 62 games in 99-00, and 83 points in 68 games in 98-99.

Don't really recall many higher scoring defensemen in recent memory in the dub. Micki Dupont had one really good year that compares to Kinch's. I'm sure there's some more than put up that kind of production, not sure anybody put up 2 points per game though.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Flames Draft Watcher said:
Matt Kinch comes to mind based on that description. Averaged size defender who put up 84 points in 70 games in 2000-01, 75 points in 62 games in 99-00, and 83 points in 68 games in 98-99.

That's him, I think! Thanks! :)

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
TJF said:
Hell Keith Primeau even fought his brother Wayne Primeau a few years back.

Reminds me of one of my favorite hockey quotes -
Wayne (to the press postgame): "He started it, like always."
Keith (when told of his brother's comment): "And I finished it like always."

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
yeah it was a chincy hit, especially when dion had time to go further down, curl back up and hit him more from the front, he went straight in and waited for getzlaf to get a tad in front of him...

kind of chincy

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
That hit wasn't even too hard, looked like Getzlaf simply had poor balance there and didn't expect to get hit slightly from behind.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
Hopefully this will teach Getzlaf to not turn at the last second. But I hope he gets better quickly as the Hitmen need him and I do like him as a hockey player.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Patrick - Flames Fan said:
Hopefully this will teach Getzlaf to not turn at the last second. But I hope he gets better quickly as the Hitmen need him and I do like him as a hockey player.

from the video a few posts up are you getting this? b/c imo i sure as heck can't tell definitively that getzlaf turned his back, it looks like he's digging for the puck in his skates..

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
I don't know. If you watch the video, Getzlaf's shoulder is open and then as Dion comes in for the hit he turns. It looked to me like he was trying to roll off the hit. It definately wasn't your usual hit from behind where the guy was staring at the boards and run from behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad