OK t's been a while- name your hockey idols

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbert*

My hockey idol has been, from the moment I became a fan, John LeClair. I began watching as a 6-year-old in 1993 during the Habs' Cup run, just to see what all the fuss around town was; the very first game I watched was one of the games where Leclair scored the OT winner (I can't remember which one, offhand). I was always impressed with how hard he worked, and couldn't believe it when the Habs dealt him to Philly. I always thought that he could break out if they'd only put him on the right line, and I guess I was right... it just didn't happen when he was a Hab.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
I will keep this to players who I watched growing up, and who really turned me on to the game of hockey.

Pavel Bure is the clear #1 here. Just amazing player, dazzled to no end.

As I was young and the Canucks turned into a darker period, I really started to follow the Avs, and in particular Peter Forsberg.

I still wear 21 to this day because of him.

I would say those two.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Go

I'm 18, so when I was real young it was Jari Kurri, Luc Robitaille and Wayne Gretzky. As I got older, Forsberg and Luc were the ones that I really held on to. Bure was awesome too, but it's sad that he tailed off as I was really beginning to grasp and understand the game.

I always had a special place in my heart for Alexander Mogilny as well.
________
digital vaporizers

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Cam Neely, Gary Roberts, Brendan Shanahan, Pavel Bure, Joe Sakic, and Patrick Roy.

Neely/Roberts/Shanahan I always loved the way they played, Bure for his sick moves, Sakic for being Sakic and Roy for his cocky, walking the walk style of St. Patty-hood.

Now, if I could amalgamize all their talents into my body, by god, there'd be no stopping me...minus the groin, knee, back, neck, and other assorted injuries.

JWINK19

southern Devils fan
Dec 31, 2005
Wilmington, NC
Bryan Trottier, hence my number 19. I was 11 years old when he broke in and set the rookie scoring mark. I was hooked from the beginning. After he retired, it was Brett Hull, although you don't really idolize players so much as admire/appreciate them when you reach adulthood. Now my favorites are JR, Kariya and Tkachuk.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Bobby Orr although I only have vague memories of him playing because he left Boston when I was about 8. But watching videos of him playing brings back some of those great but fuzzy memories from childhood.

After Orr, there is only one hero of mine - Cam Neely. No one even comes close even Bourque, who I also was a huge fan of, just nowhere near the degree of Cam.

Last edited:

chooch*

KingofCrunk said:
... when I was real young it was.... Wayne Gretzky. As I got older,..... I was really beginning to grasp and understand the game.
;)

Gilles Lupien for me. Bring Back Loopy!

Gerry4001

Dec 21, 2005
Toronto
Number Four Bobby Orr.

His skating was so gracefull and his passes were like Picasso brush strokes on a cold white canvas.

Finesse and toughness abound.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
Patrick Roy: Best goalie ever.
Jean Beliveau: Perfect player, captain and ambassador for the Habs.
Joe Sakic: So much skill yet no flash or cockyness, very humble guy and as talented as they come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->