Rumor: ok, i will leave

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Please don't! I think it's great that you created the GDT and shared so much of yourself in the post. Based on many years of being a member of this group, I'm absolutely positive that most viewed your post similarly. However, some adhere stringently to superstition, and while I don't share those feelings, I respect others' desire for it. And in the end, I would guess that's the entirety of the reason for not wanting your GDT.

Please stay.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Note that this is filed under "Rumor". He's not definitely leaving; he just heard somewhere that he might be leaving.
Post automatically merged:

Also: isn't the protocol when someone starts a non sanctioned GDT to just change the label to pregame talk and then just merge it later? Seems like he put a lot of work into it. Wha happunt? Maybe mods can retrieve from the dead and merge or something?

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
The superstitions are silly and definitely don't matter, but folks here (and with sports in general) tend to take them very "seriously". I hope you stick around.

First off like every one else said. Please don't leave. The GDT have a semi strict protocol and are sacred.

Secondly. Superstitions are SILLY?? What a load of crap. If I didn't wear my black compression sock, my black boxer briefs, and my black a shirt under my uniform today this would be a guaranteed loss. You guys better recognize the amount of effect lucky socks can have on a games outcome!

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Note that this is filed under "Rumor". He's not definitely leaving; he just heard somewhere that he might be leaving.
Post automatically merged:

Also: isn't the protocol when someone starts a non sanctioned GDT to just change the label to pregame talk and then just merge it later? Seems like he put a lot of work into it. Wha happunt? Maybe mods can retrieve from the dead and merge or something?

This would be awesome if possible? @DaveG?

Or maybe we can start a separate Mojo Thread?

Playoffs should bring our board together in joy and/or agony, not apart.

Reactions: geehaad and Tryamw

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
First off like every one else said. Please don't leave. The GDT have a semi strict protocol and are sacred.

Secondly. Superstitions are SILLY?? What a load of crap. If I didn't wear my black compression sock, my black boxer briefs, and my black a shirt under my uniform today this would be a guaranteed loss. You guys better recognize the amount of effect lucky socks can have on a games outcome!
Hey, I get superstitions. I used to microwave things based on the number of a player I was feeling to have a big game on game days. It's great to have things that make us feel more involved. But we're all a bit insane.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
1651526334523.png

I vote... Stay

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
I think everyone who has played a sport is a bit stupidstious about the game they play or watch

No need to go

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad