OJHL North East Conference Final

bigdogsnipedaddy

Mar 2, 2012
Nice to see some traction for the OJHL here on HFBoards!
Kingston Vees host the Newmarket Hurricanes in the first game of their best of 7 Conference Finals tonight.
The Vees have had some of the longest winning streaks in the league in recent memory and are favoured in this series. They are led by Junior Harris who tends to be a thorn in the side of many teams, including the Hurricanes. Goaltending for the Vees is fantastic with Charlie Finn between the pipes.
Kingstons Defense is older than Newmarket, with an average birth year of '93(I hope my stats are correct). They can play smart stay at home, which will be key if they hope the faster, quicker Hurricanes off of the scoreboard.
Newmarket is on an 8 game winning streak of their own, downing Lindsay most recently in 4 straight games. Goaler Matt Wintjes is healthy again and forwards Leavens, Higley and Maiolino are playing their best hockey of the year. If Francisco can find his touch around the net it will be interesting.
I give the Defense nod to Newmarket. The young guns on this team are a treat to watch. Savery is the tough as nails defender every team looks for; after that, they have a bevy of young great skating, quick Dmen. 96 age Dermott is beyond his years, and Walker and former Frontencac Nixon offer a great mix of puck moving and physical play when required.

While it should be a good series, I will place my bet on Newmarket. They are a team which has garnered very little respect through the season...now is their time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad