23. WAS Robak
24. MIN Stone
25. MTL Sauve
26. BUF Cuma
27. PHI Teubert
28. LAK Niemi
29. ATL Eberle
30. DET McCollum

Decent list but not quite sure I agree with Having Staal and Pickard taken so early.

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
This might just be me. But if I were Dean Lombardi and Teubert were available the 27th pick I would trade both the 28th pick and the 32nd in order to move up to get him. But then again that is just me.

johnny canuckistan

Nov 14, 2006
This might just be me. But if I were Dean Lombardi and Teubert were available the 27th pick I would trade both the 28th pick and the 32nd in order to move up to get him. But then again that is just me.

You may be right, but then again DL probably knows a lot of things we don't. I'm sure he'll come out of this draft with at least two quality defenders for the depth chart.

I concur with Hemmer Jemmer: Staal shouldn't go that high.

Blacktape

Aug 3, 2003
Saskatoon
You may be right, but then again DL probably knows a lot of things we don't. I'm sure he'll come out of this draft with at least two quality defenders for the depth chart.

I concur with Hemmer Jemmer: Staal shouldn't go that high.

If you canvased hf board today, who would have expected Brandon Sutter to be chosen 11th overall by Carolina. It comes down to bloodlines (advice and encouragement he will get from family members), preceived potential and with Staal being born August 21, 1990, that means he is almost a 9 months younger than Doughty . This pick at 17 could be a real gem of a choice.
-------------------
Decent list but not quite sure I agree with Having Staal and Pickard taken so early.

I would have liked to put Pickard in a little lower, but unless Ottawa are able to trade down, they may lose out in having a topnotch goalie in their farm system. Maybe they will be able to trade emery at the draft for a pick & good goalie prospect from i.e Tampa Ramo

Last edited:

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
If Jordan Staal and his skating was able to go 2nd overall, I don't see why Jared can't atleast make the bottom half of the first round. He's not well conditioned right now, but fresh off the bench the kid was able to charge the offensive zone. Leads me to believe he's capable of becoming a better skater.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Staal at 17 :amazed:

Going in the first round is a bit of a stretch but almost in the top half is nuts. Who knows, it could happen I guess, but it looks crazy right now.

Rod Buskas*

I agree, I'm convinced Dean will walk out of the 2008 draft with AT LEAST 2 first round defenseman. Doughty & Tuebert to add to Hickey & Johnson would be a VERY solid core at the back end.

Blacktape

Aug 3, 2003
Saskatoon
The only major misgivenings I have is Gardiner. No doubt everyone must have noticed the absence by now. I didn't know him where to fit him in unless he's better than Saskatoon Blades Niemi

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Yeah, if Teubert is still there for Buffalo at 26, they take him and do the biggest, baddest happydance in the history of dances

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00