Oilers win by a touchdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Chirped one another. Canucks use our playoff drought as their chirp and Cam Ward holding the stanley cup, oilers used Tim Thomas holding the cup and a picture of the oilers dynasty team winning one of the cup.

Canucks probably shouldn't be chirping considering they are the playoff favourite most likely to miss the playoffs right now.

Oct 30, 2011
Yakupov was making very smart passes today and it looks like whatever was happening with him trying to force things is gone for now.

Thought Hall and Eberle looked better defensively today.

looks like guys were actually taking the hit to make the play

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Ehh I think you know what I mean when I said the win was meaningless. Obviously every win is good, but it's meaningless in regards to making the playoffs. Not gonna happen, so the 2 points are meaningless.
A big hill to climb but a step in the right direction. Get a win streak going and who knows...lots of games left.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Great win. Hopefully this gets the offense flowing. I still believe the playoffs are still a possibility despite the poor start. We just need luck

The thing with having a relatively young dynamic team is that there is so much volatility. When the forwards cant score and are cold, we are horrible.

But if a 4/6 of the forwards (#1s, Eberle, Perron, Hemmer) can go on varying degrees of hot streaks... watch out.

To be able to reach the playoffs we would need some extremly hot/lucky goaltending from Dubnyk or Bryz. Much like what Columbus/Chicago got last season.With Bryz I dont see a quality .920 goalie, but I do see a candidate to somehow regain his old form and get extremely hot for 20 games. He has done it before so maybe he has it in him. Not saying he will do it, but it could happen. He could also flop and be on waivers in 3 days tho

We would also need the forwards to start producing more. And we need other teams to fall back down to earth. (Im looking at you Colorado)

Last edited:

mozdzend

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Honestly, for all the flak Eakins has taken so far (deserving or not), I see him as being the coach that one day leads us to a cup.. Wishful thinking maybe?
Also, does Arco draw back in next game? Do you mess with a lineup that won 7-0 (albeit to the BJs)

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
BZfHk0LCcAAsbh1.jpg:large

Check out our heartless Russian.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
I like Perron and Smyth for sucking up to the fans in their post games, seriously, I'll take it.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Someone said it earlier, but wins > losses.

Random notes:

- Belov absolutely jacked someone in front of the net. Letestu maybe? Sent him flying in the 2nd.
- The expression on Smyth's face when he batted that puck in on the PP... warmed the heart. Christ Gagner, where's that pass going? Really wouldn't mind Arcobello taking Gagner's place. He just hasn't looked right this season since the jaw.
- Yak was flying out there.
- So... Hall whiffs on the breakaway and scores. Can't write this stuff. How audible was he in the 2nd after the 3 non-calls? Come on ref. Wish he buried that one-timer from Hemsky after his goal. Would have been so nice.
- Perron... dat snipe.
- Getting a win is awesome. As is when everyone above us wins as well. Breaking Blad!
- Bring on the Cats.

Last edited:

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
This team needed a game like this and The home fans needed it more.

I feel like now we are going to see the offense that we were all expecting this year.

knockoutpanda

Oilers Fan
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
- The expression on Smyth's face when he batted that puck in on the PP... warmed the heart. Christ Gagner, where's that pass going? Really wouldn't mind Arcobello taking Gagner's place. He just hasn't looked right this season since the jaw.

That was a beauty saucer pass over a sprawling guy. Gagner had two great chances to score, he does seem off in that respect but I do not think you break up that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->