Oilers win by a touchdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
We don't need to win them all in a row, if we never have back to back losses and have a few little winning streaks throughout the season we'll be back in the hunt by the end of Febuary.

That's true; I was just talking in terms of more immediacy.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Yak had a great game that's good to see he's picking it up, he will be that consistent solid player for us just have to give us time. Feels good to really embarass a team though

Jun 9, 2011
Absolutely loved Yak's energy tonight. Perron, wow! I really believe that the Bryz arrival took some heat off them and it helped them relax.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Great 38 minutes of hockey by the boys.

I saw a little bit of stupidity creep back into their game in the 3rd.

Hopefully that wont carry into Thursdays game. They need work their way toward playing a complete game at some point.

Good thing Columbus stunk tonight.

In any event...solid win. :handclap:

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
When the wildcard is 15 points ahead of us with 60 games left, it's highly unlikely

I'm not saying its probable but its doable. They just need to take it one game at a time and win more then they lose.

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
What? No "Columbus gets DPed" for the PGT headline?

I need a cigarette. Hopefully these guys keep their intensity up and ride this confidence for awhile.

Columbus was awful, even for them. They didn't even push back.

14 saves or not, I think it was great for Dubnyk to get and feel a shutout.

Maybe having the press obsess about Bryzgalov took some of the pressure off the guys a bit. Hopefully they can get back to relaxing and having fun. I was worried they'd forgotten how to play hockey for awhile.

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
tumblr_m4pfv2uj1j1r3zat8.gif

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I'm not saying its probable but its doable. They just need to take it one game at a time and win more then they lose.

teams hit streaks, and teams ahead of the Oil will hit their losing ones.

who knows what can happen.....but keep winning. :handclap:

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
What I was most proud of was the fact that they didn't let up after the 3-0 first period. 3-1 and maybe it becomes a different game but they fought for that 4-0 goal and it broke Columbus' soul to bits. Love it.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Even a negative nancy like myself can't possibly have any complaints about that game. A big round of applause for everyone, especially Yak and Perron. Yak was playing with a purpose, making everyone around him better offensively, drawing penalties at a frightening pace, and playing decently defensively. Perron had 4 points, nuff said.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
teams hit streaks, and teams ahead of the Oil will hit their losing ones.

who knows what can happen.....but keep winning. :handclap:

Yea exactly, we need around 57 points in the next 38 games to make it interesting down the stretch. I know its a long shot, but we still have a chance. Especially with us still having a lot of games vs the division and conference.

Punter

Jan 29, 2006
Hope they can keep these lines intact. Larionov must have told Yakupov to get it going.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
What is Tencer mentioning about the Canucks and Oilers twitter accounts? Don't see anything...

Chirped one another. Canucks use our playoff drought as their chirp and Cam Ward holding the stanley cup, oilers used Tim Thomas holding the cup and a picture of the oilers dynasty team winning one of the cup.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Yup love that they kept attacking. Thought the top 4 D all had very strong games.

Really thought Gagner was the least effective forward AINEC.

Some better board work today and guys going to the net.

Interesting that Eakins yesterday or today said expect more of a forecheck again because Dubnyk is playing better and the team understands the D better.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Yakupov was making very smart passes today and it looks like whatever was happening with him trying to force things is gone for now.

Thought Hall and Eberle looked better defensively today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad