Oilers win 5-3

The Perfect Human*

It's scary to think that we're paying Sam Gagner $4.8M when he is so easily replaced by Arcobello. The kid has slid in and done basically the same as Gagner, with and without the puck.

I guess we can't judge till the regular season starts...

Jean Ralphio

Dec 13, 2008
@EdmontonOilers
#Oilers have assigned defencemen Taylor Fedun (OKC) and Darnell Nurse (OHL) plus forwards Tyler Pitlick (OKC) and Anton Lander (OKC).

Well there you go.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
It's scary to think that we're paying Sam Gagner $4.8M when he is so easily replaced by Arcobello. The kid has slid in and done basically the same as Gagner, with and without the puck.

waaaa....... Ya, Arcobello is as good as Gagner based on one game.... Sure.

I am just happy If Arco can not kill the line. So far so good.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
@EdmontonOilers
#Oilers have assigned defencemen Taylor Fedun (OKC) and Darnell Nurse (OHL) plus forwards Tyler Pitlick (OKC) and Anton Lander (OKC).

Well there you go.

Wow, honestly thought they might have kept Nurse. For the best though. Look forward to watching Nurse at the WJC.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Would be deadly.

Joensuu-Hall-Hemsky

Untill gags gets back, once they finally realize Smyth is horrible.

Yes! Take Smyth off that line. Joensuu drives to the net and creates space, while being able to keep up with the line better than Smyth ever could. Smyth still has hockey left in him, don't get me wrong, but it's 4th line/PK hockey.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007

I'm not really pro or anti Gagner (maybe a little anti), but I don't see how Arco is anywhere near him.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
You might want to take at Perron's assists. :)

I also think he's going to be good for 30g 40a playing with you guys.
I'd be thrilled if he could put up 70 points. I dunno how likely that is once he slides in along side Gagner and Yakupov on the second line, but hey, why not dream big!

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
It sucks that Nurse is getting sent down, but it makes sense. We can't rush the kid. Imagine what he's going to turn into if this is where he's at already. A beautiful pick.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
@EdmontonOilers

Well there you go.

He's a rookie and all, but one last shout-out for the whale of a couple of games he's played. What a beast.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Yes! Take Smyth off that line. Joensuu drives to the net and creates space, while being able to keep up with the line better than Smyth ever could. Smyth still has hockey left in him, don't get me wrong, but it's 4th line/PK hockey.

Couldn't agree more. Realistically the best use of Smyth would be on the 4th line and pk and the odd game in the press box just to give some one else a shot. I hope they realize quick enough and stop feeling bad for old yellar.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Is this a joke. Arcobello was average on a line with two great players. He's nowhere near close.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010

Arcobello's no Gagner, not only that he's actually older by a year. Arcobello could be a real find, his AHL career suggests the NHL is a reasonable option and there's not a lot of guys in the AHL who have that kind of production while being under 25. Even if Arcobello could replace Gagner, it's not like Arcobello's grow on trees. The guy is in fairness a premier AHLer.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Couldn't agree more. Realistically the best use of Smyth would be on the 4th line and pk and the odd game in the press box just to give some one else a shot. I hope they realize quick enough and stop feeling bad for old yellar.

The most exciting part about that line, is that if Hall and Hemmer can carry Smyth to level they had to this preseason, imagine what they could do with Joensuu who handled his own with much less on his line thus far.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
It also has to be said, TheBearaBeara was so bad.

Unless "You Ain't Seen Nothin Yet" from 'im, bring back R. Bachman.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Would have been glad to see nurse play regular season hangs. He looked like 2nd pairing guy in these are season games and could have helped the team out in the first couple games.

But glad he's getting sent down. Would have been a waste to keep him up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->