Post-Game Talk: Oilers Win 4-2: Started from the bottom now we're here

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
nice to see Yak playing with more confidence
you can tell he's trying to be better defensively....he's just not smart in that area yet

and boy does he like to see goals...dat smile

koeltrain

Oct 27, 2005
E-town
Pretty much complete domination of the Flames in the third, especially by Hall's line.

No excuses guymez. Oilers played last night and totally outworked them.

Hall made Baertschi look like a pylon. I imagine he'll be a healthy scratch next game.

Hope Stempniak has a good dental plan to get his teeth put back in. That was the biggest beatdown of a Flame since MacIntyre destroyed Ivanans.

Good game tonight.

Funny you mention that, I thought Baertschi played the puck just like our forwards. My thoughts exactly when I saw the play.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
drakesftb22.gif

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
People don't like Belov? He's like our best D man. Plays physically, wins battles, logs 24 mins a night. **** yeah Belov.

koeltrain

Oct 27, 2005
E-town
Belov has some adjusting to do, but I do like his game. Seeing him live is an even better treat. He just looks so poised. Something I thought would help the team with their obvious fragile mindset. Hopefully he sticks around, it would be nice to see his game grow with the team.

P.S. How does one get 11000+ posts in a few years. I've been on this board for 8 years and I can't beat 2000

Last edited:

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
People don't like Belov? He's like our best D man. Plays physically, wins battles, logs 24 mins a night. **** yeah Belov.

In a year or two I think he'll be a legit 3/4, maybe better if we manage to get some decent D on the opposite side of him. Now if only Mac T was bold enough to sign him for 2 years instead of bolding signing grebs for 1.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
I thought both Eberle and Gagner played real good tonight , and I was shocked to see Yak out there with 2 min left. Good on Eakins.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Hell yes we'll take those two points.

Finally the Oilers got some luck tonight. Finally it was the guy at the other end giving up the unbelievable goal from behind the goal line. Finally the team managed to keep the accelerator pinned for at least the last ten minutes and close out the win.

Props to Dubnyk. He made one big pad save there when it was 2-2 like I haven't seen him make all season long.

I don't care what anyone says, I like Belov. He actually makes guys pay for being around his area. And instead of just backing in and backing in like every Oiler defenceman since 2006 he is actually a threat to step up on somebody at the blueline or at least make a positive stick check before the player gets as low as the top of the circles. He can stick around as far as I'm concerned.

Hopefully the guys who have been eating Eberle alive on this board will take a few days off after his game tonight.

I like Belov as well. He still has some adjusting to do to the small ice but there are elements to his game that I like.

He is calm, he moves the puck well and he is physical....and he should get better.

Nice acquisition by MacT.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Hey guys,

I figured out what the problem is! I was watching the hockey game and decided to take a quick break in the third to go in the other room to grab a snack. Needless to say the oilers instantly scored as soon as I left the room. I told my girlfriend that the hockey gods wanted a sacrifice and she was quick to point out that it was a fluke. Anyways I bet her that the oilers would keep on scoring and win the game if I remained in the other room and stopped watching while the rest of my friends and family watched.

Needless to say, I won the bet and the hockey gods are real.

You're welcome oil country. I'll remain in the shadows and look away next game as well.

I'll see you this story and raise you my girlfriend and I saying to hell with this at the end of the 2nd, having 'alone time', me checking the score afterward (not IMMEDIATELY afterward), telling her it was 3-2, and agreeing that the hockey gods are pervs.

Long story short I'm getting lucky when the oilers suck from here on in ;)

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I thought it was nice of Weekes to make such a big deal about Dubnyk's pad save when it was 2-1, it wasn't an outrageous save or anything but he decided to focus on the positive, which sure cant hurt Dubnyk's confidence.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Yakupov is a LW, plain and simple. Keep him with Hemsky and Gagner. Looks amazing with them.
Yeah, I hope so too. That line had some strong shifts.
I was hoping to see Yak with Gags and Perron, but Gagner and Hemsky is OK too. Those guys will look after him.

Gagner was a well deserved third star tonight for all his fans who may have missed that :sarcasm:

vickpeterson

Sep 30, 2011
HF
Hell yes we'll take those two points.

Finally the Oilers got some luck tonight. Finally it was the guy at the other end giving up the unbelievable goal from behind the goal line. Finally the team managed to keep the accelerator pinned for at least the last ten minutes and close out the win.

Props to Dubnyk. He made one big pad save there when it was 2-2 like I haven't seen him make all season long.

I don't care what anyone says, I like Belov. He actually makes guys pay for being around his area. And instead of just backing in and backing in like every Oiler defenceman since 2006 he is actually a threat to step up on somebody at the blueline or at least make a positive stick check before the player gets as low as the top of the circles. He can stick around as far as I'm concerned.

Hopefully the guys who have been eating Eberle alive on this board will take a few days off after his game tonight.

I love Belov. Does everything really well. He's Petry without the turnovers or the wheels.

It's good that now we have 2 #3 defenseman on the team. Now for that top pairing....

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Hooray. Came from behind against a team in year one of their rebuild. :handclap:

Seriously though, a win is a win.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007

I think the problem is that people expect more of Belov (and Petry) because they're being used as the top pairing defenders, when in fact they're only #3/#4 guys. Belov and Petry would be fan favourites here if we had a Keith and Seabrook playing ahead of them.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
There's something about seeing Yakupov so incredibly happy when his teammates score that just makes me really hope the best for him.

Watch the replay of Hemsky's goal. He was in a frenzy.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
No troll would spend that much time . I don't think Guymez is a troll just a frustrated fan like all of us get.

Thank you.

Nice to see a poster that understands exactly where I am coming from.

I have been a very frustrated fan for 7 years now.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

vickpeterson

Sep 30, 2011
HF
There's something about seeing Yakupov so incredibly happy when his teammates score that just makes me really hope the best for him.

He's like Ovechkin in the sense that he loves goals, no matter who scores them.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

My favorite moment last season might be when someone else scored and Yak was literally jumping for joy behind the net. :laugh:

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Yeah, I hope so too. That line had some strong shifts.
I was hoping to see Yak with Gags and Perron, but Gagner and Hemsky is OK too. Those guys will look after him.

Gagner was a well deserved third star tonight for all his fans who may have missed that :sarcasm:

Gagner was average tonight. 3rd star could have gone to half a dozen different players. But hey I'll take average over awful like he has been all year any day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad