GDT: Oilers vs Wings (Eye of the Tiger)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Watching the Hawks and Jets game right now... can't help but wonder what the hell is wrong with Edmonton's defense. Like, why are they so braindead and seem to make the game so difficult for themselves. Chicago and Winnipeg both play simple games defensively and have forwards helping out, each team winning battles at times. I look at Edmonton's defense and see a few good players, Petry, Ference, and Smid to an extent. Is it simply about their lack of individual talent and skill? Is it because of their lack of help/commitment from the forwards?

Has it been bad coaching, or do these players simply have low hockey IQ? Because other teams, even mediocre to bad ones seem to make simple plays, make things appear easier overall in general. It's very frustrating.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Watching the Hawks and Jets game right now... can't help but wonder what the hell is wrong with Edmonton's defense. Like, why are they so braindead and seem to make the game so difficult for themselves. Chicago and Winnipeg both play simple games defensively and have forwards helping out, each team winning battles at times. I look at Edmonton's defense and see a few good players, Petry, Ference, and Smid to an extent. Is it simply about their lack of individual talent and skill? Is it because of their lack of help/commitment from the forwards?

Has it been bad coaching, or do these players simply have low hockey IQ? Because other teams, even mediocre to bad ones seem to make simple plays, make things appear easier overall in general. It's very frustrating.
Our skilled forwards are probably feeling to entitled and good to try and put in a simple effort defensively

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
If the oilers lose to a back to back Detroit team after a 3 day break, does MacT enter shake up mode? Or do we just continue to roll with the hits. I'm curious to see where's MacT's breaking point.

McDeathbyCheerios*

10$ says Eakins lines up Gagner line with the Zetterburg line and Gagner is on ice for all goals again

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012

The only game against the Red Wings I can remember.

tumblr_inline_mmtx5rbCxU1qz4rgp.gif

Will we ever experience something like that ever again? At least in our lifetime?

Oct 15, 2008
It is embarrassing how bad our record is at home against Detroit, much less most teams nowadays. Gee, just another loss and does the team heed the advice of guys such as Ference...I doubt it. Detroit as usual will school Edmonton and as usual the class will check out mentally.

Until Ference starts heeding his own advice, he can shut it.

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010

The only game against the Red Wings I can remember.

Smytty was so good back then.

Also, no one on our team resembles a Pisani, except maybe Gordon.

EDIT: Samsonov was HUGE for us that playoffs.

Last edited:

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Hamilton - Gordon - Arcobello
Yikes.

We don't have one line that will be able to shut down Z-Dats-Bertuzzi. This is gonna be ugly.

McDeathbyCheerios*

tumblr_inline_mmtx5rbCxU1qz4rgp.gif

Will we ever experience something like that ever again? At least in our lifetime?
That series made me believe in the Oilers. Then everything after that... It's a shame how we have played after that. We had a year of a mediocre team overperforming and going far. Now we have a team that's underperforming and heading to the bottom again.

Stainsy

Time to improve
Jun 21, 2005
Ont.
www.parkerhousemotel.com
It says that the Oilers are being televised on CBC, however, I can't find it on CBC east or west. I am on Bell, and both feeds say Montreal at Colorado. Does anyone know if Montreal is on east, and the Oilers are supposed to be on west?

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Come on boys!!!:handclap:

5 - 2 for the good guys tonight, and a strong November...Starts today, and we're in the thick of it by Christmas:yo:

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
What are you expecting him to do exactly?

Anything, literally anything.

Hell, upgrade our 4th line on our ECHL team, It doesn't matter, just do something that improves this team. I'm just trade conservative as the next guy but I swear if we draft within top 5 this year, we are the biggest joke of a franchise.

Anyways, 4-3 Oilers

2 G Yakupov
1 G, 2 A Eberle
1 G Gordon
2 A RNH

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad