Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Vancouver - Hardwired to Self Destruct

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
My bad, he didn't say cosmetic... he said, Jurco not injured... he was on the ice today... just a medical procedure that needs to be done. Not an injury. Small procedure that he wants to get done right away. Became an issue yesterday. Who knows what kind of procedure though. Gregor talks about it at ~2:25 onwards for a bit in this clip.....

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/edmonton-1260/audio/the-jason-gregor-show-october-1-hour-1-1.1374798

I don't know why they don't just come out and say vasectomy.

Sheesh.

Reactions: McDrai

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'm looking forward to the Klefbom-Bear pairing. I'll guess there's quite a few PPs this game and we'll see what Bear can do.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
My bad, he didn't say cosmetic... he said, Jurco not injured... he was on the ice today... just a medical procedure that needs to be done. Not an injury. Small procedure that he wants to get done right away. Became an issue yesterday. Who knows what kind of procedure though. Gregor talks about it at ~2:25 onwards for a bit in this clip.....

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/edmonton-1260/audio/the-jason-gregor-show-october-1-hour-1-1.1374798

Thanks for posting that.

If you go to the 41:00 mark you can hear about why Smith was a little rattled to start the season in Calgary.
Gregor reported that Smith had a very close friend die just before the season started. It took him some time to process that.
Smith mentioned that something had happened last season that caused issues with his game in the TC interviews but he wasnt specific...now we know.

Last edited:
Reactions: HK97

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Canucks board is trashing our wingers.
wMUeOra.png

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Holy hell is it nice to have an actual game day in less than 20 hours.
Not sold on the season. Not expecting playoffs. Least optimistic I've ever been going into a season.
But hockey is ****ing back, and that's good enough right now.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Canucks board is trashing our wingers. Common narrative everywhere. Tons to prove, but I am happy we don't have JP and Lucic up in the top 6. Replaced 2 ghosts.

They’ll be sorry when Mike Smith scores on them.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
This is the least excited I've been for a season in a long time. This is a write off season as far as I'm concerned to no fault of Holland. Hopefully they prove me and most of the hockey universe wrong.
I could swear you posted something similar just before the first game last season. Too lazy to look though. ;)

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
How many goals did our bottom 6 get last year? Like low 30's?

I wonder how that compared to other teams bottom sizes.

Going to the game tomorrow. Mainly just to drink beer and hang with the guys. Hopefully it's a good one.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
This year might be a good year to put $100 on the Oilers winning the Stanley Cup. You never know
I think this is the 8th or 9th straight year I am betting on them to win it all!

This honestly is probably more of my pre-game routine going in to the new season, not really a serious bet :laugh:
Well, you never know. The good thing is that if they actually do win I'll get back all the money I have bet on them these last years and then some :thumbu:

Reactions: McCanovin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->