Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Sharks - Moms Rule, #FreeGene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
I have a new appreciation for Gene after one game of that other asshat.
I did a in home service work for Gene and it was right around Xmas and I will say this much.i hate his puns but as a tipper he is awesome .for a tip I got 100 buck and two tickets to a game ..But in fairness I did more work then what was on the bill .

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
No offence, but so what if he’s a nice guy and maintains decorum on Twitter. I expect more from a professional hockey broadcast than the lame **** he comes up with night after night.
If you expect professionalism from Sportsnet then boy do I have news for you.

Also it's worth pointing out that kids do watch hockey games.

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
If you expect professionalism from Sportsnet then boy do I have news for you.

Also it's worth pointing out that kids do watch hockey games.
No kidding

especially since tv broadcasters have been leaning towards punny and corny jokes for decades in all sports.

Also, Gene's role in sportsnet in a colour by numbers role. Every team broadcast has a Gene.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
No kidding

especially since tv broadcasters have been leaning towards punny and corny jokes for decades in all sports.

Also, Gene's role in sportsnet in a colour by numbers role. Every team broadcast has a Gene.
Didn't TSN a few years ago basically party throughout their entire trade deadline coverage?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
My thought is since Mrs. Manning made the trip she should have a chance to see her son play. I'm not sure if Persson's Mom came from Sweden, but if not, let him rest a game so Mandog can make his Momma proud. Might be time for another email to the coach.

Say hi to your son from us Mrs Manning!

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Didn't TSN a few years ago basically party throughout their entire trade deadline coverage?
yup

TSN is a victim of their own success. They have to have 11 hour coverage now for big events they helped create...but nothing happens now.

Sportsnet is bad too Jeff Oneill is bad at being a presenter.

its not a problem unique to the Oilers or Gene.

the job is entertainment. not journalism.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Don't agree with thee roster changes for this game. Manning for Persson? Stupid!

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
As someone who missed the whole weekend of hockey what happened to gene?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
As someone who missed the whole weekend of hockey what happened to gene?

His intern or Uber driver, were not sure which, took his place last game, while Gene was interviewing to be Don Cherry’s replacement on Coaches Corner. Heard if he gets the job they are renaming the segment with him and Ron to “Pun Intended”.

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
So Manning and Nygard in and Persson and Haas out? I would rather either of P. Russell or Granlund out and Manning is still a meh from me.
Personally I thought our three worst forwards last game were Haas, Chaisson, and Granlund, in no particular order. Haas was good for the couple games prior to that, but I don't feel like he really had any impact last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->