Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The battle of the Forever Rebuilds.

No clue if Klefbom plays but if he is out for any length of time we’re hooped. We simply don’t have a D who can take his minutes and giving more minutes to everyone makes everyone worse. That and we’d probably be playing 3 rookies on D in Jones, Bear and Lagesson unless Benning makes it back for the game.

No clue who plays in net but I don’t think it matters much anyway. Both have not been sharp as of late.

Lines are maybe the same as last game?

Neal McDavid Kassian
Khaira RNH Gagner (this line sucks)
Nygard Draisatl Yamamoto
Sheahan Haas Archibald
Chaisson maybe in for Gagner.
PRussel should be waived and sent down for Benson.

We don’t do well vs Buffalo. But maybe we fluke a win to start the road trip so I’ll go out on a limb and say 5-4 Oilers. 3 McPoints.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
todays games

upload_2020-1-2_9-16-43.jpeg

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
if the mother lovin Canucks can rattle off 5 wins in a row somehow... surely this team kind find a way to beat a shitty eastern conference team to get two consecutive wins.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
The battle of the Forever Rebuilds.

No clue if Klefbom plays but if he is out for any length of time we’re hooped. We simply don’t have a D who can take his minutes and giving more minutes to everyone makes everyone worse. That and we’d probably be playing 3 rookies on D in Jones, Bear and Lagesson unless Benning makes it back for the game.

No clue who plays in net but I don’t think it matters much anyway. Both have not been sharp as of late.

Lines are maybe the same as last game?

Neal McDavid Kassian
Khaira RNH Gagner (this line sucks)
Nygard Draisatl Yamamoto
Sheahan Haas Archibald
Chaisson maybe in for Gagner.
PRussel should be waived and sent down for Benson.

We don’t do well vs Buffalo. But maybe we fluke a win to start the road trip so I’ll go out on a limb and say 5-4 Oilers. 3 McPoints.
Judging from Klefboms repeated brain farts and horrendous +- rating... it might be addition by subtraction with him out.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Judging from Klefboms repeated brain farts and horrendous +- rating... it might be addition by subtraction with him out.
If we had a competent defense he wouldn't be playing over 25 minutes a night making those mistake.

Have fun watching lessor players have to play more minutes now.

Reactions: TB12

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
So we have the Bruins and the red hot Leafs after this who already kicked our a**! So although this isn’t a total must win...... PLEASE GOD WIN!!!!!! Otherwise we are likely looking at a 3 game losing streak unless this team surprises us and squeaks out a win against the bruins. I can’t see it happening against the Leafs.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I remember a few years ago Sabres fans declared their rebuild over and they were done tanking and ready to contend.

As we know all too well in Edmonton, it just doesn’t work like that. When you go scorched earth to tank, you get these top picks who have no good vets, no structure around them and it can really take a long time to recover from.

Add bad management decisions, questionable drafting and development and iffy cap management and there’s a reason these 2 have been rebuilding for seemingly forever.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
So we have the Bruins and the red hot Leafs after this who already kicked our a**! So although this isn’t a total must win...... PLEASE GOD WIN!!!!!! Otherwise we are likely looking at a 3 game losing streak unless this team surprises us and squeaks out a win against the bruins. I can’t see it happening against the Leafs.

You do Boston lost to the Red Wings, right?

Reactions: tardigrade81

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I remember a few years ago Sabres fans declared their rebuild over and they were done tanking and ready to contend.

As we know all too well in Edmonton, it just doesn’t work like that. When you go scorched earth to tank, you get these top picks who have no good vets, no structure around them and it can really take a long time to recover from.

Add bad management decisions, questionable drafting and development and iffy cap management and there’s a reason these 2 have been rebuilding for seemingly forever.
There was a guy from their local media on Gregor's show the year Eichel was drafted( i think). He was so sure the bad years were done and that playoffs were happening that year.

It was the first time I ever heard Gregor after an interview talk about how wrong the guy he just interviewed was. Sure there was a chance that they could make it, but if that was expectations fans in Buffalo were in for a huge let down.

Reactions: Oilhawks and TB12

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

Any game against the Leafs is an auto loss. Too bad they can’t just forfeit that game and get some extra rest

Reactions: tardigrade81
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad