GDT: Oilers vs Rangers do we even care anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
It's unbelievable how poor that effort was in the last 2 minutes. They should be goddamn ashamed of themselves, this team has much bigger problems than lack of good players. Draisaitl, Lucic and Klefbom in particular, get the **** out with that garbage.
Yep, McDavid draws the PP and then all those guys decide to loaf it because apparently their "deadly" PP has the game-tying goal in the bag.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
McLellan makes me sick

Say what you want about Mclellan but the players phoned it in tonight. I don't agree with a lot of his moves but I actually feel bad that he has to coach a team like this. Look at the Rangers in comparison, going balls out to win a largely meaningless game. It's a mental issue as much as it is a physical issue with this team and I have no idea how it gets fixed.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
See ya all at the next Lucic horror show

Yeah, better luck next time for the Edmonton Lucic's. Edmonton Lucicians? I dunno. In any case, this team does need a new name since the only player on the team that matters now is Lucic. Gotta get that Lucic mug shot on the floor in the middle of the dressing room.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Say what you want about Mclellan but the players phoned it in tonight. I don't agree with a lot of his moves but I actually feel bad that he has to coach a team like this. Look at the Rangers in comparison, going balls out to win a largely meaningless game. It's a mental issue as much as it is a physical issue with this team and I have no idea how it gets fixed.
It is part of coach's job to make sure your team is ready for the game.
These slow starts and taking a period to wake up is as much on the coach as they are in the players.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
With 4 on 4 hockey and 1 minute to go (when you must score) , do you not want to get a lot of speed on the ice to take advantage of the extra room? If so then why would you have one of the slowest guys in the league, Lucic, on the ice?

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013
It's time for Drai to go back to centering his own line. And get Nuge with McDavid asap.
yeah, how the coaching staff doesn't realize this is beyond me.

Their decisions only make sense if they are tanking. Lucic needs to be shut down for the season and go back to the drawing board hard... He's infinitely lucky dumb fuk chia gave him that contract. The guy just looks dumb as rocks, no wonder his play is crap

Reactions: dawunderboy

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
McLellan has been unable to take this team anywhere all season. We can do better, I'm embarrassed to be an Oilers fan with these results.

Reactions: PulYou

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Yeah, better luck next time for the Edmonton Lucic's. Edmonton Lucicians? I dunno. In any case, this team does need a new name since the only player on the team that matters now is Lucic. Gotta get that Lucic mug shot on the floor in the middle of the dressing room.
Tmac is the dumbest coach ever saves time out for 16 seconds left when he should of used it to rest McDavid and Draisaitl before the Power play began , his coaching instincts are always wrong the teams record this season falls 60% on him 40% of the team the downhill started the 1st 20 games when he was to stubborn to switch things up , and the hole they had to dig out of was to big .

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
The tank is so on...

They accidently got McDavid on with RNH for 10 secs and we scored a goal..

Sends out 6 guys when we get a pp late in the game.

Looch + McDavid = 0

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg

The coach has the most impact on a team's overall mental state. That falls on him, and it's one more reason to turf him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->