Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Leafs Wednesday 5pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

CravenMH

Aug 6, 2020
Not a big enough sample size, I think he would've worked out here were it not for COVID. He was fine in the play-ins, should've had a couple of goals in the elimination game.

I agree. I would have liked to see him played as centre on line 3-4 and let him run. He's a natural centre who wants to set the pace. As you said, with the broken up season, he didn't really get a chance to show his strengths.

CravenMH

Aug 6, 2020
I generally have a lot of respect for you as a poster, but your whole "beat up on the Nuge to make Drai look better" schtick is getting real old real fast. Might be time to give it a rest.

He's 100% correct imo. Jack of all trades, master of none. Likes to take games off, and not particularly good at either centre or on the wing. I'm perplexed why ppl are defending this guy. The longest current serving Oiler and doesn't lead the charge. He should be leading by example and setting the tone, but he's more like a submissive puppy that tags along as a complimentary guy. Pretty sad imo but he's making bank. Pretty cushy for him anyways.

Reactions: Snipes45

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He's 100% correct imo. Jack of all trades, master of none. Likes to take games off, and not particularly good at either centre or on the wing. I'm perplexed why ppl are defending this guy. The longest current serving Oiler and doesn't lead the charge. He should be leading by example and setting the tone, but he's more like a submissive puppy that tags along as a complimentary guy. Pretty sad imo but he's making bank. Pretty cushy for him anyways.
Doesn’t change the fact that his schtick is old, makes up a million excuses for draisaitl and shits on RNH about everything. RNH is a very good complementary player.

you know who also appears to take games off? Draisaitl.

Reactions: TB12

CravenMH

Aug 6, 2020
Doesn’t change the fact that his schtick is old, makes up a million excuses for draisaitl and shits on RNH about everything. RNH is a very good complementary player.

you know who also appears to take games off? Draisaitl.

Yeah I agree about Drai, but with regards to Nuge I totally agree with him. He should not be a great complimentary player, he needs to be assertive and actually help lead this team. Honestly if he didn't play these last 4 games I wouldn't even have noticed. He is a ghost out there. And ppl are talking about over 7 million bucks a year to retain him, are you serious?

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Living in BC I bought a year of Sportsnet now plus to watch the oilers but I think I'm already going to regret that
I bought that too, the good thing is the plus portion is you get access to NHL live also, so I’ve been watching tonnes of non Oiler hockey of markets we don’t normally have access to. The drawbacks of streaming, lag and poor quality, I experience here and there but I would never go back to cable for $150 a month just to get access to a couple Oiler games a week

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
Wanna hear something better?
Tyson Barrie. OFFENSIVE defensemen. 6th most 5v5 points for defense in the past 3 seasons combined
84.62% DEFENSIVE ZONE STARTS.
I think too that he should get a lot of starts in offensive zone too, with top2 lines. But one positive when he starts in defensive zone is that he can actually make a pass or skate it out. Either way wierd stuff from Tippett.

Last edited:

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
alright game 5

Its time to actually see something from this team now, they've played 4 games, the rust should be gone, the tracker pucks are gone, so no more excuses for missed/bad passes. This team looked like it couldn't complete a pass for the last 4 games. I want to see tighter D and more importantly, some pucks going to the net.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I've lost alot of respect for Kassian ever since the pathetic play-in round. He was totally disinterested, just a ghost out there. That's what happens when you give that type of player a fat contract. There's no longer a carrot dangling in front of him to chase. They are a different breed and need to be treated differently. Holland of all ppl should have known that.
You have McDavid making like 15-16 CDN per year pre-tax and he works on his faceoffs all summer. Then you have Kassian, doing sweet f*** all lol

Reactions: CravenMH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->