Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Leafs Wednesday 5pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Who comes out, who stays in? Is Neal back? Most importantly, return of the DRY?

I’d really like to see the best players draw in and some actual line and pairing balance

Reactions: Arctic Fox

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This is the last preseason game in my mind. They need to bring it tonight and especially Friday. If they lose the next 2 imo the season may be in jeopardy.
Yes yes I know it would only be 6 games at that point but momentum is huge and in a season like this against limited teams so close, bouncing back will be very difficult. Especially since this team hasnt really had any injuries to important players yet either.

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
Especially since this team hasnt really had any injuries to important players yet either.

cut.jpg

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
My prediction will be the discussion after this game will eventually get moved to the Barrie vs Brodie poll

Reactions: Mez

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I’m in the I hope the Leafs defence is worse than ours camp.
Based on the results so far....theres is much better lol.
Much better possession numbers, lower goals against rates, lower scoring chance rates, lower high danger chances too.
Bogosian has been rough so they could try to vicimize him but the rest of the dcore has out performed ours thusfar.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Based on the results so far....theres is much better lol.
Much better possession numbers, lower goals against rates, lower scoring chance rates, lower high danger chances too.
Bogosian has been rough so they could try to vicimize him but the rest of the dcore has out performed ours thusfar.
They’ve also got to play Ottawa twice. No disrespect to the sens but the leafs have had a pretty soft schedule to start.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
They’ve also got to play Ottawa twice. No disrespect to the sens but the leafs have had a pretty soft schedule to start.
They played Montreal, won that in overtime and beat Winnipeg who beat Calgary in OT..and Calgary shit on Vancouver (who we split with) twice in a row.
Ottawa actually looks much improved right now lol.
Us and Vacouver so far look like the east teams in the schedule.

My prediction will be the discussion after this game will eventually get moved to the Barrie vs Brodie poll
It's too early for that lol. Although a quick look Brodie has better numbers so far across the board and plays 2 minutes more 5v5 a game.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Bob isn’t sure about DRY line reuniting yet. “Tippett has a reason to try it the way it is” (losing games??)

Certain that Bear is back in for Lagesson, Russell stays in.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
For as good as Drai and McD are, they sure are predictable on the PP, especially the 5 on 3's. Everybody and their grandma can see the Drai one timer set up from a mile away... these guys just need to keep it simple and get it to the net

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Bob isn’t sure about DRY line reuniting yet. “Tippett has a reason to try it the way it is” (losing games??)

I'm guessing the lines will be....

RNH- McDavid - Kassian
Kahun - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Nygard - Turris - Puljujarvi
Archibald - Shore - Chiasson

Nurse - Bear
Koekkoek - Barrie
Russell - Larsson

Reactions: Oilhawks

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
For as good as Drai and McD are, they sure are predictable on the PP, especially the 5 on 3's. Everybody and their grandma can see the Drai one timer set up from a mile away... these guys just need to keep it simple and get it to the net
They have a guy known for his shot on the PP and they are trying to just use him like they did Klefbom, which...is awkward cause he is a righty...teams spent all summer studying and dismantling the Oilers PP too. Let Barrie rip pucks on net, replace Chiasson with Neal or Yamamoto to wack at rebounds.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton

Man all of these cryptic answers to the question of putting that line back together are just making me paranoid that it really is McDavid putting pressure on the coaching staff to give him a top player to play with. I don't really believe that is the case, but there is ZERO reason not to go back to that line. If they won't put that line together, they might as well put McDavid and Draisaitl on the same line again and hope for the best, because outside of the DRY line that is lineup that was most successful last season.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

3IR

Feb 12, 2019

Garbage. His reason is not worth losing the entire play in series and going 1-3 to start the year.

Also Bear back in is good, but I hate to sit lagesson when he wasn’t that bad last game. I’m honestly ready to dress 7 dmen, and double shift drai/Mcdavid/rnh/Turris on the fourth line.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad