Pre-Game Talk: Oilers VS Jets -Oiler fly home for 48 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
That is not a bad idea. He hasn't played for a while now so it could be good for him. If he doesn't play this one of course.

AHL is probably more competative than pre-season.

He gets paid the same regardless, so if he isn't going to play until the 28th, I'd think it's a mistake not to at least ask if he'd be willing to go and play a couple games.

Reactions: nabob

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Does inserting Kassian or Chia's son into it improve it? The other three lines had a decent showing, so it's up to themselves to get it going.

The only line that had its head above water IIRC was the third line. I don't think the Rattie experiment has much blacktop left and the second line needs to be blown up. So.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I wonder if they also just end up sending Koskinen on a conditioning stint to get in some AHL games.

While he has the NMC, his agent did say he'd be open to the AHL if need be.

The problem with going to the AHL is that they barely play this month.

They only have 3 games between now and the 31st.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
At first I was like omg finally a rh shot!... But he's playing the right point? As in McDavid can't say him up due to McDavid on the left?

So McDavid can pass to drai for one timers assuming he's on the right hashmarks.. and drai can set up McDavid, but neither can set up a point man across ice?

It's like he wants to go, "see I told you I needed a leftie over there"

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
It's like he wants to go, "see I told you I needed a leftie over there"
Thinking about it makes my head hurt.

Drai is the only one time option in this setup. Or we could put rattie on the left point so drai could give him 1 timers and a leftie on the right point so Connor could set them up as well..

I don't get why they're so against 1 timers

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
At first I was like omg finally a rh shot!... But he's playing the right point? As in McDavid can't say him up due to McDavid on the left?

So McDavid can pass to drai for one timers assuming he's on the right hashmarks.. and drai can set up rattie, but neither can set up a point man across ice?
Rattie on the right point makes the defense respect the shot. But realistically he's a solid passing option because he doesn't have to make the cross-crease on his back-hand or turn his body to do so on his fore-hand. People will just be pissed that this isn't Bouchard inevitably though.

I'm not too hyped about RNH as a net front though. Why not Lucic and give RNH his own unit?

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
lol, man...Only 6 players have points. That's grim.

Also lol @ putting Rattie there instead of any of our actual one-time options. Jesus christ.

Reactions: Senor Catface

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Rattie on the right point makes the defense respect the shot. But realistically he's a solid passing option because he doesn't have to make the cross-crease on his back-hand or turn his body to do so on his fore-hand. People will just be pissed that this isn't Bouchard inevitably though.

I'm not too hyped about RNH as a net front though. Why not Lucic and give RNH his own unit?

Does Rattie even have any demonstrated NHL examples of scoring potential from back there? I can't think of a single time he's looked dangerous from further than the circles.

Reactions: Blue line Howie

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I just don't get why we can't split up the talent

------lucic------
Jp-------------Mcdavid
Bouchard-------Nurse

------strome/khaira/reider----
Rattie--------------Drai
Larsson----------- Klef

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I just don't get why we can't split up the talent

------lucic------
Jp-------------Mcdavid
Bouchard-------Nurse

------strome/khaira/reider----
Rattie--------------Drai
Larsson----------- Klef

Lol "talent."

Lucic and Nurse have no business on PP1. Put Drai there as the net front guy and have RNH run the point with Bouchard. That PP2 is just...I dunno what that is. Really, they should be running 97 out for the full 2 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad