Pre-Game Talk: Oilers VS Jets -Oiler fly home for 48 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
Yes. Sadly true. We have the fastest most exciting player in the game. But our team as a whole is unskilled and slow. Sigh

I'd say the only truly slow guy on the team is Lucic. Drai and Khaira don't have great acceleration, but they can move once they get going. It's the system they're playing that makes them look slow. I hate TO with a passion, but their games are an absolute treat to watch.

Reactions: Duke74

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Not sure about this game. The Oilers lost all three against the Jets last season and two of them weren't close at all.

Wonder if anything happens should this be another blowout.

Last edited:

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Jesus Christ. Benning was by far the worst d-man in the first 2 games, even in pre-season; sits out last game, then they finally win a game. Of course, after a win, McStubborn slots him back for the rookie that has been playing his heart out. Shades of last year, with Letestu on the PP and not scoring a single goal for like 40 games or something like that. Tries Puljujarvi on the 1st unit, he racks up some points/zone time right off the hop, he slows down for one game and Todd bans him for life from that 1st unit. Oh and Talbot starting his 4th straight start. I do daily fantasy drafts every day, and I'm pretty sure almost every team in the league has already played their back-up, some even twice. The whole reason Koskinen signed is because he was promised at least 30 games, and so that Talbot doesn't get run into the ground again. This guy, I'm so over his backwards coaching style, if they lose, I hope they start the process of moving on from McLellan, if it hasn't already been initiated.

4-1 Jets

Reactions: PulYou and Ragss

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
My only hope is that Bouchard is banged up or bagged from traveling around the world in the last 7 days. Throw Benning in there to give him a rest and then leave him in once he is recovered. Only rationale thing I can think of.

Decision probably not based in rationality though.

Really? You are hoping that Bouchard is banged up? Please hope instead that the coach is dumb.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I sincerely believe you would, I also believe that there are many other here who would just rather see everyone fired and if they have to lose to achieve that, oh well.
I want the team to win by playing well, not play like garbage and snag wins. If that makes sense?

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
I sincerely believe you would, I also believe that there are many other here who would just rather see everyone fired and if they have to lose to achieve that, oh well.

I want both :laugh: but if one loss means we clean house, I will gladly take that L. Get rid of the OBC, Chia, Todd etc. Sounds pretty damn good to me.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
10 years ago the oil had the same problem and today's no different. It's ridiculous and aggravating. No other team would dress Benning in their lineup.

The Benning hyperbole train has left the tracks and is hurtling down the mountain side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad