OT: Oilers vs Flames

Hank4Hart

Apr 10, 2007
Whichever team is trailing in the series.

In game 7, i want a long, long, long overtime

Steve Bennett*

I don't understand the thread question, clearly these two teams will never make the playoffs, let alone both of them, let alone both of them in the same season...

MrShift4

GRRRR.......Babe
Aug 17, 2011
Calgary
These teams............playoffs?????

bahhaahahahahahahahaha :D

Tough call. Maybe Calgary since that's where I live.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Gotta go with the Flames. That city needs something good to happen to their team for a change.

Pfft, they have one more Cup than we have.

As a Canuck fan I have zero pity for any other fan bases in this league, with a possible exception of the Blues.

I would have zero rooting interest in the series but would enjoy watching it as a hockey fan.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Both fan bases are insufferable. CalgaryPuck anyone? We just see more of the Oilers fans on this forum. The more trollish Flames fans seem to ignore HF and hang out on CP. CP GDT is fun to visit during a blowout loss though. :laugh:

Who would I cheer for? It depends, are the Canucks still in the playoffs? If so, I'd cheer for the underdog to possibly give the Canucks an easier ride. If the Canucks are out, I probably wouldn't care much one way or the other.

NoRaise4Brackett

But Brackett!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Lurking the Boards
Easily the fLames because of the Heat. Iv'e also watched Horak when he was a Bruin. I'll always hate Joel Otto(and the refs from that game), but the Oilers fans are my most hated in the league. Worst team/biggest mouths.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
This is like picking between a turd sandwich and bouche dag.

... well, if a gun were pointed at my head I would have to with team Iginla.

Although truthishly, I'd just want to see a great series..... entertaining enough to make me forget which two teams I was actually watching.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Poll missing 3rd option: both lose.

If I were watching the series, I'd be cheering for an immensely violent, 7-game slog that guaranteed whichever team emerged would be too banged-up and drained to skate more than 5 feet without passing out from exhaustion in the next series.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
God my worst nightmare, previously would have said oilers, but after hearing so much crap and hype how good they would be already this season, i would cheer for the flames.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I'd cheer for entertainment: Pittsburgh vs. Philly style blow outs. I generally like Edmonton more because of Eberle, Yakupov and Schultz but their fans are insufferable. Calgary winning though delays the inevitable failure. Honestly, couldn't care less who wins. If the games are good, I'll watch 'em. If not, I'll play Mass Effect or write.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
I love the 50/50 split right now.

I voted Flames even though they are bigger rivals than the Oilers are(lol) because I respect Iginla and their fans aren't as vocal and annoying as the Oiler fans. But I wouldn't "cheer" for either of them. Just prefer one to win over the other slightly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad