OT: Oilers vs Flames

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Hope you guys don't mind, just an inspiration from another poster

If these 2 rivals met in the playoffs and your team were out, who would you cheer for?

Can I cheer for a hole to open up and swallow them both? :sarcasm:

I would cheer for neither, but it would annoy me less if the Flames won, because their fans are slightly less intolerable than Oilers fans.

Tretiak 20

Aug 21, 2009
Canada
The other teams playing.

If I had to choose, Flames, only if Iginla is still on the team. I'd like to see him win a Cup. Will never forget what he did for Linden; just a class act all around.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Apparently many of you have never visited CP before. I have actually cheered for both teams long ago in the past but the advent of the internet has exposed me to so much irrational hate that I can only wish ill to both teams. Dan Tencer is the reason I will never cheer for the Oilers. CP is the reason why I will never cheer for the Flames.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Apparently many of you have never visited CP before. I have actually cheered for both teams long ago in the past but the advent of the internet has exposed me to so much irrational hate that I can only wish ill to both teams. Dan Tencer is the reason I will never cheer for the Oilers. CP is the reason why I will never cheer for the Flames.

Better than the Oilers fans talking about their "dynasty".

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Calgary. Jarome Iginla earned a special place in my heart for his class during Trevor Linden's final NHL game. Also played a big part in Canada's two Gold Medal wins at the Olympics.

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
Gotta go with the Flames. That city needs something good to happen to their team for a change.

Dr Awesome

Yak in the city
Sep 24, 2008
British Columbia
I would hope just to watch good hockey. But if I had to vote it would be the Flames. I have several friends who are Oiler fans and its not stop chirping no matter what state the oilers are in.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
I voted for the Oilers, I'd feel better with a bunch of young guys making it into the playoffs than the old grumpy Flames.

arsmaster*

Edmonton, way more exciting to watch than the Flames.

Huge Eberle and Hall fan.

They were also exciting to watch when they were wiping their bums with us for a decade plus.

I can't and won't forget that, nor will I ever be able to cheer for them.

Whoever brought up Calgary Puck, what would you expect them to say....I've never been there, never plan on it....why would a Canuck fan go there in the first place.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
I would cheer for games, quadruple OT in every game, whoever gets through is so beat up they get beaten in the next round in the most one sided series in NHL history.

also, every game ends 1-0 and both coaches trap.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Gun to my head...Flames. Because I live here and would love to see what this "red mile" is all about. Also, hate Oiler fans with a passion

I moved to Calgary in 2005 and lived three blocks from the 'Red Mile'. Attempts to try and recreate it were rather annoying to me, but those never lasted long :laugh:.

I liked poking fun at Flames fan's who simply assumed that after 2004 every year would be a long playoff run, though I did feel kind of bad for them watching Sutter mismanaged the team into mediocrity.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Who would I cheer for?

the team scheduled to meet the winner in the next round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->