Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Coyotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
They're trying to get Reider a goal in the hopes that someone will take him for a conditional draft pick (so they can dump his contract essentially).

I fully expect a loss, but hope the Oilers will at least put in a decent effort. McDavid's out of the running for the Art Ross and Hart now, so maybe Leon can get into the Rocket Richard race to keep fans interested in something other than the tank?

North

Jun 25, 2009
Currie to the 4th line to no surprise. What's the point?
He has some skills, he's a goal scorer and he has nobody to get him the puck. Nice of him to collect an NHL paycheck but he'll be back to Bako in a couple of games following his 6-8 minutes of fame.

Unfortunately more and more it seems like Hitch is just a TMac redux.

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
I think Gags played well on that second line last game... Nuge deserves to have at least one decent winger. No reason to load the top line.
Yeah I agree that playing with rnh is a good fit too. Both heady players. Heck I'd even say draisaitl might be a good centre for gagner and let rnh and mcdavid play together again. I dunno, just think gagner is a good option to read off the guys we have at centre and think kassian on the top line is a mistake.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
I truly hate Hitchcock and the braintrust that actually thought it was a good idea to bring in an older asshole version of Tmac.

Reactions: MikeYEG

Connorrhea

Sep 17, 2005
This isn't true. There have been a lot of people saying he didn't even look like a NHL player last year and that if the Oilers were banking on him they didn't do their homework.

In terms of statistics he was consistent, he had 4 goals in 20 games with the Kings and 8 goals in 58 games with Arizona for a total of 12 and he had averaged about 14 goals a season the previous 3 years so he was on the same pace with LA but to your point, if he was looking like he was on the decline last season than yes, the Oilers obviously didn't do their homework. They were banking on him just like they did with Brodziak to provide solid penalty killing and yet the Oilers are the 3rd worst in the league and they have a combined 4 goals.

Reactions: joestevens29

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Rieder probably shows so much in practice...and so little in games. Not hard to trick a senile old man with a one track mind.
Is Hitch wrong, if no one else is trying in practice and they're not getting results in the game? Might as well give the guys that try hard in practices the chances

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Is Hitch wrong, if no one else is trying in practice and they're not getting results in the game? Might as well give the guys that try hard in practices the chances
T"0"bias Reider man.

You got Chiasson, Rattie with more ability in thier left pinky at scoring this year then this sieve at 0 in 30 odd games. He left his scoring touch in Arizona.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
T"0"bias Reider man.

You got Chiasson, Rattie with more ability in thier left pinky at scoring this year then this sieve at 0 in 30 odd games. He left his scoring touch in Arizona.
But neither are scoring now, so if they aren't practicing hard I really have no issues giving Reider the time. That and Chiasson has been in the top 6 and PP, and still isn't producing

Simply put no one is doing anything other than RNH, LD, and McDavid. Can't really blame Hitch for any of the line combos when no one is stepping up.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Typical Hitchcock.
Playing Currie on the 4th line. Seriously , put him with someone that can actually pass the pill.

Kassian has 12 pts in 18 games to start 2019, and Gagner is useless anywhere that isn't a scoring role, and those are the two playing the right side where Currie plays.

Not excusing the stupidity, but there isn't room for him in the top 6 unless they cut Gags stint short. (Which I would seeing as how Currie may actually have a future here)

Reactions: RegDunlop

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Since the season is long-since lost, I hope to God the Oilers lose badly tonight, maybe 7 - 2 or something. My reason is that the very last vestiges of franchise-respect (provided only by the most generous and forgiving of loyal fans) will be ripped to shreds by a convincing Coyotes' win. We will see a half-empty building in the dying minutes, with boos and catcalls, jerseys on the ice, you name it. Some of this humiliation may actually be communicated to Katz, whatever skanky tavern-for-rich-men near Palm Springs that he's currently propositioning waitresses in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad