Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Coyotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
They’re going to staple Stolarz to the bench and lose him as a UFA aren’t they?
Pretty sure it's not going to matter. If we want to sign him he's really going to have no choice. There are more established guys looking for jobs. Goalies essentially have to take what they are offered when it's offered

Reactions: Hemsky is a gangsta

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I'll probably watch to see how Sekera looks but I know I will just turn it off in disgust after a few minutes.

Connorrhea

Sep 17, 2005
I love the irony of Tobias Rieder being drafted by the Oilers, traded to Arizona where he was properly developed and turned into a consistent player, then traded to L.A. where he continued to be consistent, only to be signed back by the Oilers and have ZERO goals this year while playing on the top 6 most of the time. The Oilers basically let another team develop him, took him back and have ruined him. There is definitely something in the water....

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I love the irony of Tobias Rieder being drafted by the Oilers, traded to Arizona where he was properly developed and turned into a consistent player, then traded to L.A. where he continued to be consistent, only to be signed back by the Oilers and have ZERO goals this year while playing on the top 6 most of the time. The Oilers basically let another team develop him, took him back and have ruined him. There is definitely something in the water....
This isn't true. There have been a lot of people saying he didn't even look like a NHL player last year and that if the Oilers were banking on him they didn't do their homework.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I was actually considering watching my first Oilers game in a while just to see how Currie could do with some skill but don't see the point now. Maybe Hitch will shuffle him to the top 6 for a time but I doubt it.

I havent seen a game yet where the lines remained the same for the entire game...I highly doubt that changes in this game.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Exactly, Hitch never gives any of the callups an actual chance. Currie has a hot stick right now might as well see if he can keep that up, rather than warming the bench most of the night.

What many fans forget is how big of a gap between the AHL and NHL.

There was polls on Twitter that many fans thought the Condors would beat the Oilers lol

Funniest thing I have seen in a while.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I havent seen a game yet where the lines remained the same for the entire game...I highly doubt that changes in this game.
At the end of the day him, Rattie and Chiasson can take that spot if they show something. I suspect one reason for Reider with RNH is they could be using it as a shutdown line.

Reactions: guymez

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Rieder seemed like such an obvious fit in the summer, kill some penalties and chip in with 10-15 goals...what a disaster. Hope they dump him for a mid-round pick. His 0 goals should be easily replaced with someone at half the cost.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Rieder seemed like such an obvious fit in the summer, kill some penalties and chip in with 10-15 goals...what a disaster. Hope they dump him for a mid-round pick. His 0 goals should be easily replaced with someone at half the cost.
It sucks because to start the year he was getting chances a lot do to his speed. He actually looked like a decent signing early on.

At the end of the day though it was still worth the risk

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
It sucks because to start the year he was getting chances a lot do to his speed. He actually looked like a decent signing early on.

At the end of the day though it was still worth the risk

Yeah, it’s really surprised me how it didn’t work out for him. I actually thought Chia nailed that one. Nothing gained but nothing really lost either, just another UFA signing that didn’t pan out here.

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
I would really love to see them try Gagner with McDavid and Draisaitl... he's a smart player who was always opportunistic. Seems like he'd be a guy that could mesh with players are creative as McDavid and Draisailt.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I would really love to see them try Gagner with McDavid and Draisaitl... he's a smart player who was always opportunistic. Seems like he'd be a guy that could mesh with players are creative as McDavid and Draisailt.

I think Gags played well on that second line last game... Nuge deserves to have at least one decent winger. No reason to load the top line.

Reactions: joestevens29

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
This Josh Currie bobble-head, Has the same amount of goals as Tobias Rieder..

tIqRyA6.jpg

Reactions: McDrai

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
They’re going to staple Stolarz to the bench and lose him as a UFA aren’t they?
Once he plays, if he's good enough, he'll earn those starts. If not (seeing the competition right now) do we really care if he leaves?

I bet he'll play in one of the next couple of games if Koski doesn't go on a tear.

Even if he's ' so and so ' and we want to keep him I bet we can sign him pretty easily even if he'll be a pending ufa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad