ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton

Currie makes his NHL debut tonight.

gAsxGQD.png

Reactions: harpoon

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Expected Gagner in the top 6 so that's good to see. I am curious if Currie can play left side, if so I could see him getting bumped in Reider's spot if Reider doesn't do anything.

Reactions: guymez

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Reider in the top 6 again.
LOL
I don't know who else really can play left side. I'd like to see Currie get a shot, but I don't know if he plays left side.

I think what's worse is that Cave is 3C. Not really anyone's fault other than PC's though.

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
Loving the fact that Gagner is in the top 6 with Nuge and not getting dragged behind by some boat anchors. Going to watch tonight just to see Gagner and hopefully Sekera.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
They’re going to staple Stolarz to the bench and lose him as a UFA aren’t they?
Honestly if Koskinen doesnt do his job tonight I wouldn't be surprised to see Stolarz get the next start and if he plays good they'll just run with him.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Currie to the 4th line to no surprise. What's the point?
He has some skills, he's a goal scorer and he has nobody to get him the puck. Nice of him to collect an NHL paycheck but he'll be back to Bako in a couple of games following his 6-8 minutes of fame.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I understand Currie on the 4th line to start the game as Hitch isn't familiar with him. If he starts the game well I think him and Kassian swap.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
He has some skills, he's a goal scorer and he has nobody to get him the puck. Nice of him to collect an NHL paycheck but he'll be back to Bako in a couple of games following his 6-8 minutes of fame.
It's crazy that the current coach has even less of a clue than the previous one. The Oilers are toast, why not experiment a bit with their prospects?

Reactions: Faelko

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'm hoping it's just cause it's his first call up. Want to see how he handles the NHL speed before tossing him to the wolves. If he doesn't look out of place on the 4th line I think they try him higher up for a bit

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It's crazy that the current coach has even less of a clue than the previous one. The Oilers are toast, why not experiment a bit with their prospects?

I was actually considering watching my first Oilers game in a while just to see how Currie could do with some skill but don't see the point now. Maybe Hitch will shuffle him to the top 6 for a time but I doubt it.

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018

Exactly, Hitch never gives any of the callups an actual chance. Currie has a hot stick right now might as well see if he can keep that up, rather than warming the bench most of the night.

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
I'm hoping it's just cause it's his first call up. Want to see how he handles the NHL speed before tossing him to the wolves. If he doesn't look out of place on the 4th line I think they try him higher up for a bit
This would be ideal.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I was actually considering watching my first Oilers game in a while just to see how Currie could do with some skill but don't see the point now. Maybe Hitch will shuffle him to the top 6 for a time but I doubt it.
Gotta pump the tires of Kassian and Reider though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad