Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Bolts

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
This will be a very tough game, especially without Klefbom and maybe Russell. We should see a new-look PP by then. Hitchcock hinted that the forwards will stay the same, but the defenseman will change (Jones?). He also mentioned that it is too static right now, and he'll try to add more movement and more of an attacking mindset to it.

I'll put up a GDT Saturday morning.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Koskinen standing on his head is likely the only way the Oilers will win this game. McDavid will elevate, but Tampa's depth is too much.

Should be a fun game though.

Reactions: Pointteen

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Thank you for the GDTs @ConnorMcMullet, always makes game days more fun.

I will be attending this one. So far this season I have seen two of our worst games (3-0 loss vs Preds, and the 6-3?? I think? loss vs. Vegas that got Todd fired) so I may be a detriment to the team.

Can't honestly say I'm not worried about this one, but I am confident that Hitch will inspire a great answer from our team after the last two ugly losses. Special teams will be very important, and we will need Kosky to continue his insane play at Rogers.

I think we're going to have a statement win before the brief Christmas break. Last year the season was lost at around this time, when we were awful immediately after the new year. Need a different response from the team this year.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Kucherov always comes out to play against the Oil. This was never going to be an easy game.

Koskinen will need to be unbelievable.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
I hate looking at Tampa’s roster. Disgusting on paper, disgusting on the ice.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Thank you for the GDTs @ConnorMcMullet, always makes game days more fun.

I will be attending this one. So far this season I have seen two of our worst games (3-0 loss vs Preds, and the 6-3?? I think? loss vs. Vegas that got Todd fired) so I may be a detriment to the team.

Can't honestly say I'm not worried about this one, but I am confident that Hitch will inspire a great answer from our team after the last two ugly losses. Special teams will be very important, and we will need Kosky to continue his insane play at Rogers.

I think we're going to have a statement win before the brief Christmas break. Last year the season was lost at around this time, when we were awful immediately after the new year. Need a different response from the team this year.

That game was easily one of the best of the season. It got Todd fired.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Hoping to see the guys come out motivated to finish strong before Christmas break, but fully expecting them to coast their way into the break based on their last 2 games.

I don't like that this far into the season, they're still using the same pp unit that has been so unsuccessful though.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Hoping to see the guys come out motivated to finish strong before Christmas break, but fully expecting them to coast their way into the break based on their last 2 games.

I don't like that this far into the season, they're still using the same pp unit that has been so unsuccessful though.

I think Hitch has mentioned he's going to change it up, and that the units that were out there are playing too static and not moving around enough to open passing lanes. So we'll see what he can do in a short time.

Reactions: Hopelessoilfan

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Put on the hazmat suit 20122018030726.jpg

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
All I want for Christmas, is to be the first team to beat Tampa in regulation in their last 11 games, and for Koskinen to remain undefeated at home.
Edmonton has won 4 of the last 5 meetings against Tampa at home, with the last one being a 6-2 semi blowout

It'll be good for the boys to go back home for the holidays on a good note

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
First time in a while. Got Loge seating. Never done this before. Honest opinion on the sight lines?

I am very ready. I am hoping for a 5-4 win.

Great site lines. Great time, hope you dont have to drive home lol

Honestly though, they are pretty high seats all things considered.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
The only way we win this game is if we goon it up. This game will be the 2nd of a back to back for Tampa Bay and after our last meeting there's plenty of reason to let Lucic, Kassian and Nurse run around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad