Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Blackhawks Game 1 @ Rogers Place in Edmonton, Alberta 1pm MT, 3pm Et

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You know whats hilarious here? People were jacked sky high for the first game back, and exhibition, against the Flames, a completely meaningless game that had no bearing on anything and people were all like I can't sleep, I can't stand waiting, I want it now.

Here we are and its playoffs tomorrow and its crickets here..y'all drunk or something?

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
You know whats hilarious here? People were jacked sky high for the first game back, and exhibition, against the Flames, a completely meaningless game that had no bearing on anything and people were all like I can't sleep, I can't stand waiting, I want it now.

Here we are and its playoffs tomorrow and its crickets here..y'all drunk or something?
I thought the same.

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013

But it's not playoffs tomorrow.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
But it's not playoffs tomorrow.

You're less fun at parties than I am..;)

For the Oilers its playoffs. The hawks are here as Bettman troll things. Because you know, in s bubble pandemic start up in August it made all kinds of sense (like none) to have 24 teams in instead of 16. Now we have to hope SC final hits before 2nd wave...

Reactions: fresh meat

herestohoping

Nov 14, 2009
So does anyone know if I can watch the game after it's happened through an official streaming service? The girl I wanna take out is on nights and probably won't be awake enough to watch live.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I hereby christen this GDT

tenor.gif

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

Out camping :sarcasm:

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
You're less fun at parties than I am..;)

For the Oilers its playoffs. The hawks are here as Bettman troll things. Because you know, in s bubble pandemic start up in August it made all kinds of sense (like none) to have 24 teams in instead of 16. Now we have to hope SC final hits before 2nd wave...

Yes, I'm being pedantic, but I sincerely hope the team isn't thinking they've made the playoffs yet. The stats may count as post-season, but until you get to four rounds, four wins each it's just not the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Call to action for anyone who hasn’t changed their avatars to @Wen22’s amazing illustrations, please do so! (If you’re comfortable with it of course - the thread with the avatar designs is stickied at the top of our Edmonton Oilers team forum).

Let’s show solidarity for Caver while supporting a great local artist in the process :D.

Change your avatar or GTFO.

Hey @Cloned still no Supergirl.

Just sayin’

Oilers 5. Hawks 2. McDavid with 3 points. Leon with 3. Honey Badger with 2. RNH with his first playoff goal. 1 plucked and naked Hawk scurrying back to Sutton Place.

Beers in the fridge. Belgian hi test. Let’s go boys.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Yes, I'm being pedantic, but I sincerely hope the team isn't thinking they've made the playoffs yet. The stats may count as post-season, but until you get to four rounds, four wins each it's just not the Stanley Cup playoffs.
Oh please (better?).. It’s the playoffs. They should absolutely be thinking they’ve made the playoffs... because the game is going be played at playoff speed... you can bet your ass on that.

Last edited:

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
If we lose to the Blackhawks, the Oilers will have missed the playoffs again. Period. That's how the league is defining things. You're welcome to disagree, but a "oh f*** off" is a touch strong, no?
I meant like oh f*** off like when your arguing with your buddy and he says that the new Star Wars movies are good. No malicious intent.

Anyways they would have made the playoffs without Covid and saying they missed them again if they lose is BS.

Reactions: StupidGenius

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Change your avatar or GTFO.

Hey @Cloned still no Supergirl.

Just sayin’

Oilers 5. Hawks 2. McDavid with 3 points. Leon with 3. Honey Badger with 2. RNH with his first playoff goal. 1 plucked and naked Hawk scurrying back to Sutton Place.

Beers in the fridge. Belgian hi test. Let’s go boys.

You were saying? ;)

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad