Pre-Game Talk: Oilers v LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
This will be the end result of the Eberle saga.
4f907db6-af47-43b4-9e1b-3f105c4cb77d.png

So basically we will be taking on a $1.3M cap hit over the next two years to save about $3M in cap space that we didn't use last year, but needed badly this year. Basically the exact scanario off by a couple hundred thousand dollars that buying out Pouliot created. That's what we got out of trading Eberle. On the bright side, I guess it ended up saving more cap space than just buying Eberle out.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Only 42 more games until Rieder ends the season without a goal.

Lucic is contagious..

Not sure what happened as Rieder should be good for a dozen goals here. This is the worst non scoring stretch of his career, of course happening here.. At least he does other things of value, kills penalties, low GA, good skater, forechecker. Has drawn several penalties.

As bad as he's been offensively how sick is it that he has more pts than Puljujarvi? sigh

Reactions: Oilhawks

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I really hope Russel is back. I'd like to see him with Jones.

I bet one of McDavid Drai rnh or Chiasson scores.

I have no doubt Chiassons about to go Ice cold though after returning

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Not sure why Rieder is exempt from this. The dude hasn't scored a goal this year. He is a complete non-factor, actually quite detrimental to the success of this team. He, Spooner, Lucic, and a few other forwards are horrifically bad.

space321

May 11, 2011
Not sure why Rieder is exempt from this. The dude hasn't scored a goal this year. He is a complete non-factor, actually quite detrimental to the success of this team. He, Spooner, Lucic, and a few other forwards are horrifically bad.

For me it's because:

1. He's only on a 1 year contract, we can easily cut him loose if he continues to suck.

2. We acquired him for free, without losing any valuable assets.

3. He played well before the injury, coming back to a new coach + system is difficult.

Those reasons put him lower on the ladder when I try to identify what the biggest problems with this team is. All of my usual targets of criticism are those who we're stuck with. Lucic, Spooner, Kassian, etc. The end goal of this team is to build a cup contender around McDavid and Draisaitl. Rieder failing here would just be a small blip, negligible in terms of any long term effect.

Also I should add, those are pretty much the same reasons I didn't really like to shit on guys like Khaira earlier this year.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Unless he has a huge second half of the season I find it unlikely the Oilers resign him and like LA let him walk as a UFA.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Lucic is contagious..

Not sure what happened as Rieder should be good for a dozen goals here. This is the worst non scoring stretch of his career, of course happening here.. At least he does other things of value, kills penalties, low GA, good skater, forechecker. Has drawn several penalties.

As bad as he's been offensively how sick is it that he has more pts than Puljujarvi? sigh

I’m going to focus on Rieder, not how he compares to others.

He has zero goals. That’s completely unacceptable, even with all those listed intangibles.

Reactions: Drivesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->