Rumor: Oilers trying to trade dead weight?

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
There was an Athletic article with Keith Gretzky that came out today. Job #1 for him at the TDL is freeing up cap space, job #2 is make trades that make sense now and going forward.

He said he hopes to be a buyer *snort* but even if buying no interest in rentals.
He's saying he'll do everything that the fanbase wants him to do. Let's see how this turns out.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Petrovic is UFA this summer - he'll fetch a mid pick as injury insurance for a serious contender

Manning on the other hand.....

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm shocked I say!

Although I am a little surprised they can't find any takers for Petrovic, I thought he'd be a relatively easy sell. Pending UFA, not horrible, RD, just traded for a 3rd rounder...you'd at least think you can move him.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
This isn't a rumor, this is a fact, just like it's a fact Lucic is available ,as is Russell, Sekera and all other bad players because of course they are

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
GM's aren't interested in the Oilers trash? You don't say..

It's just funny Chia went out of his way to acquire other teams trash in the first place

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I'm shocked I say!

Although I am a little surprised they can't find any takers for Petrovic, I thought he'd be a relatively easy sell. Pending UFA, not horrible, RD, just traded for a 3rd rounder...you'd at least think you can move him.

It might also just be that they’re trying to get a 3rd back and teams are only offering late picks.

This isn't a rumor, this is a fact, just like it's a fact Lucic is available ,as is Russell, Sekera and all other bad players because of course they are

I highly doubt Russell is available in the same way as the others. He’s been worth every penny of his contract. But ya, point still stands

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Chiarelli was perhaps the worst GM of all time. Honorable mention to Milbury.

Poor Keith. He’s got nothing to work with. Lucic, Sekera, Russell, Spooner, Manning. Good luck moving them. Petrovic, Benning, Kassian, you might get a late pick for.

Reactions: Taylorst

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad