Oilers Training Camp: 10 Storylines to Watch in Preseason

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Good write up. Pretty much covered it all. It’s an interesting camp with all these unknown euros coming over and a lot of competition for spots internally.

Reactions: Larry Fisher

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
Good write up. Pretty much covered it all. It’s an interesting camp with all these unknown euros coming over and a lot of competition for spots internally.

Thanks! The new coaching staff and general manager means new opinions on the returning players too, so everyone is auditioning and there are more spots available than there are locks. Very intriguing camp/preseason.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Funny how most posters on hfoil have Gagner traded as a cap dump and insiders like Stauffer, and apparently the coach himself, have Gags in the top six. I’m expecting a good season from Gagner.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Funny how most posters on hfoil have Gagner traded as a cap dump and insiders like Stauffer, and apparently the coach himself, have Gags in the top six. I’m expecting a good season from Gagner.

Just shows how out of touch management is. Just old timers going back to same well they are familiar with over and over.

It's a sign of how terrible the team is that Gagner can make the roster period. I do think he can help this team in a limited capacity but that cause we are desperate for any offensive talent.

I'm sure someone can make up some weird conspiracy theory, but a player that clearly couldn't stick on the canucks weak roster is just bad and generally is not nhl worthy.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
Just shows how out of touch management is. Just old timers going back to same well they are familiar with over and over.

It's a sign of how terrible the team is that Gagner can make the roster period. I do think he can help this team in a limited capacity but that cause we are desperate for any offensive talent.

I'm sure someone can make up some weird conspiracy theory, but a player that clearly couldn't stick on the canucks weak roster is just bad and generally is not nhl worthy.

I think Gagner loves being an Oiler and takes a lot of pride in wearing that jersey. He’s part of the leadership group and he’s still got the skill to contribute offensively. I wouldn’t be surprised if he topped 35 points this season, especially if he can secure that second-line role in the preseason.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I think Gagner loves being an Oiler and takes a lot of pride in wearing that jersey. He’s part of the leadership group and he’s still got the skill to contribute offensively. I wouldn’t be surprised if he topped 35 points this season, especially if he can secure that second-line role in the preseason.
Even if he doesn't get a second line spot, he should still be quite effective on the powerplay, and that is where IMO that he should be utilized the most.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->