Oilers Ten Game Report

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
But ten games into the season and its safe to say young Connor has blown the doors off of what I thought he would be. His speed and agility makes him an absolute nightmare for opposing defenders, as he can strip pucks like a ten-year vet, while his high processing ability and puck skills make him an elite offensive player. He’s like some sick combination of Pavel Bure and Pavel Datsyuk. Its been a treat to watch him so far.

So... Pavel McDavid?

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
Meh..no harm having a report I suppose.

It's fine for those that don't watch the games and have no idea what's happening with the team.

BelowTheIce

Aug 27, 2015
Meh..no harm having a report I suppose.

It's fine for those that don't watch the games and have no idea what's happening with the team.

Least it does is opens the door for a conversation for those who want to have it. Gives some background for my other Oilers peices

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I wouldn't mind an OP actually be an OP with content in the OP at least giving an outline or summary of the topic and content rather than this bait click generate hits agenda.

This is a messageboard. OP's should provide content. Right in the OP.

I'm not clicking. You don't get my hit.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I wouldn't mind an OP actually be an OP with content in the OP at least giving an outline or summary of the topic and content rather than this bait click generate hits agenda.

This is a messageboard. OP's should provide content. Right in the OP.

I'm not clicking. You don't get my hit.

Someone misses being a mod

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Someone misses being a mod

Not at all. If I. or any other poster here offered up threads with no written content and only a personal link to my blog they would be shutdown immediately.

Yet we get these from people that are not even contributors or posters to this board.

I don't get how this is any value added to the board. My point is not unreasonable. At least provide a breakdown in the OP.

BelowTheIce

Aug 27, 2015
Not at all. If I. or any other poster here offered up threads with no written content and only a personal link to my blog they would be shutdown immediately.

Yet we get these from people that are not even contributors or posters to this board.

I don't get how this is any value added to the board. My point is not unreasonable. At least provide a breakdown in the OP.

Valid points, Im the writer of the article, however its my sites Admin that posts the article on here so it would be unreasonable to expect him to write a recap of everyones articles.

I get that people want background hence why i try to respond to every comment

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Are you his editor? Somebody needs to be.

The season started off slowly for the Oil, but that can be expected with a coach trying to implement a new system. But after 3 straight wins and some solid efforts the Oilers have worked back to 3-7-0 and aren’t last in the Pacific Division! Here’s my thoughts on the first ten games of the season.

Bravo to the rise of the citizen journalist, but with a lede like that it's tough to read further. The readability of this story is about on par with the average post here. Not worth the click in the future.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
Are you his editor? Somebody needs to be.

Bravo to the rise of the citizen journalist, but with a lede like that it's tough to read further. The readability of this story is about on par with the average post here. Not worth the click in the future.

Unless one has not followed the oilers at all, a 10 game report is really not necessary unless there is some sort of unique perspective offered beyond flowery language describing facts.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
People spend too much time complaining about HF partners. Click it or don't. Don't fill up the topic with comments on if they should be allowed to do this.

Like shoop alluded to, the writer needs to work on his sentence structure a bit. Readability is a huge draw for people.

Keep up the writing, but keep up the editing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad