Confirmed with Link: Oilers Sign Tyson Barrie to a 1-year deal ($3.75M)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Look above in regards to what I say with reference to the Nurse Barrie pairing... it's a match made in heaven.

We shouldn't be good because being good scares you or we can just develop a "Tyson Barrie" of our own it should only take 5 years?
No what scares me is that Barrie is not good enough defensively to go head to head against top forwards. Nurse-Barrie pairing would mean he would have to.

Down the road Bouchard can replace Barrie on PP and Bear can at ES alongside Nurse.
It may be in 5yrs or it might be 5 weeks. Lets see how things pan out and just enjoy the ride.

We dont even know what he would be demanding. Just saying if its close to 7M then expect Nurse to demand more money than what Draisaitl is making.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
No what scares me is that Barrie is not good enough defensively to go head to head against top forwards. Nurse-Barrie pairing would mean he would have to.

Down the road Bouchard can replace Barrie on PP and Bear can at ES alongside Nurse.
It may be in 5yrs or it might be 5 weeks. Lets see how things pan out and just enjoy the ride.

We dont even know what he would be demanding. Just saying if its close to 7M then expect Nurse to demand more money than what Draisaitl is making.
Bouchard has shown you he can replace Barrie with 40 games of NHL development, that's optimistically foolhardy future gazing. Maybe it takes 210 games. Maybe never. C'mon man.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Barrie is criminally underrated by a lot of people here. The guy is absolutely shredding the league right now. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has the most points in the league by a defensemen by the end of the year.
upload_2021-2-21_10-5-25.jpeg

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
When is the last time you have seen Bear play a solid game of hockey? Is he a Bear or a Bigfoot? Because sightings are rare, this creature is elusive.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
He certainly has turned his game around from the beginning of the season. Still sub par defensively, but his puck movement and one timer has looked great.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Was he, Bear didn't look good to me. He looked slow, turned over the puck often, lost battles and was uninvolved in the play.

You want Bear over Barrie?
holy-shit-new-b.jpg
On the top pair, bear and nurse gave up substantially less chances against than nurse and Barrie.

but in typical HFOil fashion, we can only have a couple players playing good at any one time, and have to constantly put other players down while propping others up.

Reactions: onetweasy and ujju2

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
On the top pair, bear and nurse gave up substantially less chances against than nurse and Barrie.

but in typical HFOil fashion, we can only have a couple players playing good at any one time, and have to constantly put other players down while propping others up.

you keep stating this, meanwhile Bear and Nurse top pairing the oilers record was 4-5, Nurse and Barrie top pairing the oilers are 8-2, I know 1 game is missing, cause Bear was scratched cause he was so bad to start the year.

Crazy how you still believe the non sense you keep posting.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Bouchard has shown you he can replace Barrie with 40 games of NHL development, that's optimistically foolhardy future gazing. Maybe it takes 210 games. Maybe never. C'mon man.
I said replacing him on the PP.
Bouchard could certainly do that in 40 games if not the next game.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

No doubt Bear is better defensively but this team has been starving for production from the back end. Last season no Dman scored more than 5 goals for us.
If we can mask Barrie's defensive shortcomings by finding him the right partner then he would be great for this team. It will come down to the money and how Bouchard and Bear progress.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Yeah if he is willing to understand the cap world out there, and negotiates in good faith, I think you need to try and keep him. This is the player we have been begging for, for how long?

If Klefbom is healthy next year, honestly I think getting Barrie and Larsson locked in is more important than spending big on a goalie.

I have argued over and over that while there are certainly different skill levels, a goaltender is often a product of what is infront on him. Look at Markstrom getting lit up a few times lately.

Nurse-Barrie
Kelfbom-Larsson
Broberg-Bouchard

That is an incredibly strong group.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
you keep stating this, meanwhile Bear and Nurse top pairing the oilers record was 4-5, Nurse and Barrie top pairing the oilers are 8-2, I know 1 game is missing, cause Bear was scratched cause he was so bad to start the year.

I dont think anyone really takes your opinion serious after your takes on defenseman the last couple of years.

I'm sure Nurse and Bear being +4 at even strength is the reason they were 4-5

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
My takes are way better then yours. Thats a for sure thing.
Yeah, you wanted to run Klefbom out of town when he was our best D.

Says all I need to know about your takes.

The reason the team is much better now, is that our depth is actually showing up, not the fact that bear is out.

But in HFOil fashion, we're only allowed a couple good D on the roster, everyone else has to be shit.

Reactions: TB12

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Yeah, you wanted to run Klefbom out of town when he was our best D.

Says all I need to know about your takes.

The reason the team is much better now, is that our depth is actually showing up, not the fact that bear is out.

But in HFOil fashion, we're only allowed a couple good D on the roster, everyone else has to be shit.

Klefbom was terrible for the last 2 seaons. Now we all know why. Nurse has been our best D man for a few now.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Klefbom was terrible for the last 2 seaons. Now we all know why.
So you think the team is winning because of bear was out.

When bear was in, he was 4th on the team in GF% at 62.5%.

Maybe our bottom six was the reason we started out 3-6, with studs like turris rocking a 21% GF.

Koekkoek rocking a 25% GF even though being labelled our second best D to start the season by many posters here <- LOL

Bear also had the 3rd highest HDCF% behing RNH and McDavid to start the year, the highest SCF%.

He also had the fourth highest xGF% at 61, meaning his results were where they should of been, and wasn't unlucky/lucky.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
So you think the team is winning because of bear was out.

When bear was in, he was 4th on the team in GF% at 62.5%.

Maybe our bottom six was the reason we started out 3-6, with studs like turris rocking a 21% GF.

Koekkoek rocking a 25% GF even though being labelled our second best D to start the season by many posters here <- LOL

Bear also had the 3rd highest HDCF% behing RNH and McDavid to start the year, the highest SCF%.

He also had the fourth highest xGF% at 61, meaning his results were where they should of been, and wasn't unlucky/lucky.

If Bear was out in the playins we would of done better to. Yup, hes been a disaster, and a main reason a player like Barrie was moved in here.

Im fine with Bear staying in Edmonton but hes a bottom pairing D man, been already passed by Bouchard.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007

As if this turnaround happened in a vaccuum? The rest of the team was dogshit, Barrie was an enormous minus along with Turris and Larsson. Our goaltending was barely above .800SV%. Step into reality. Barrie crippled our PP for the first 5-6 games and with dozens of unforced errors and GA really had a major role in the team failing. But he wasn't alone, there were a half dozen other guys getting crushed including the goalie.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
If Bear was out in the playins we would of done better to. Yup, hes been a disaster, and a main reason a player like Barrie was moved in here.

Im fine with Bear staying in Edmonton but hes a bottom pairing D man, been already passed by Bouchard.
I hope to still see you post when Barrie and Nurse stop scoring goals at twice their xGF.

Nurse/Bear had a HDCF/60 of almost 18.

Nurse/Barrie have a HDCF/60 of 8.55.

And dont let me even get into the defensive analytics, because Barrie has been dragging Nurse down a ton there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad