Confirmed Signing with Link: Oilers sign Puljujarvi to ELC

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Glad they got this done. He might not be ready for the NHL at the start of this season but part of a year in the AHL and finishing in the NHL would be a great start to his career.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
In before the comments about "too much money, too much term" etc. It seemed inevitable he'd get signed. NHL or AHL with NHL likely being his destination this year (unless he's got some sort of clause to let him play back in Finland if not the NHL).

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Glad they got this done. He might not be ready for the NHL at the start of this season but part of a year in the AHL and finishing in the NHL would be a great start to his career.

Personally, I think he's NHL ready. I expect him to be in the running for the Calder.

• Wow
Reactions: Burt Macklin

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I really think CLB is going to regret not taking this guy with their pick. I think Dubois is a good prospect, but there's also a chance he becomes another Marc-Antoine Pouliot, who also seemed to be an offense driver and catalyst for a relatively poor team in his draft year (and before Crosby came on board the following year), but we all know what happened to him (read: BUST!). They also both have hyphenated amalgamations of two names as their first name. Coincidence? I think not! (Kidding on this one, of course.) It's always a risky proposition to draft need over BPA -- especially early in the first round. I guess we'll find out within the next 4-5 years if they made a good choice, or at least have a better idea of who's legit and who's not.

Anyway, even this is more-less a formality, it feels good to have this done and out of the way.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Come on, folks. It's not that hard.

Pul ju jarvi

I've seen so many people spell it wrong... It's the same with Travis Konecny.

Kocheny, Koneckny, Konecky etc. hilarious. :laugh:

Nonetheless... Puljujarvi is going to do some beautiful things alongside McDavid. That's unfair combination.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
I really think CLB is going to regret not taking this guy with their pick. I think Dubois is a good prospect, but there's also a chance he becomes another Marc-Antoine Pouliot, who also seemed to be an offense driver and catalyst for a relatively poor team in his draft year (and before Crosby came on board the following year), but we all know what happened to him (read: BUST!). They also both have hyphenated amalgamations of two names as their first name. Coincidence? I think not! (Kidding on this one, of course.) It's always a risky proposition to draft need over BPA -- especially early in the first round. I guess we'll find out within the next 4-5 years if they made a good choice, or at least have a better idea of who's legit and who's not.

Anyway, even this is more-less a formality, it feels good to have this done and out of the way.

WPG as well...

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I really hope he doesn't have a clause to head back to Europe if he doesn't make NHL. IMO it would be perfect to play him AHL atleast half the year

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
oh this again haha

No Jets are estatic with Laine

Hopefully, as the Jets are my team in the West... :) It was nothing against Laine, I just like Puljujärvi more. Time will tell, hopefully the top 4 of this draft will do great... as I like all 4 teams and players.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
what the heck is taking Matthews so long to sign? Im assuming hes getting max bonuses and all that so whats the hold up?

Edit- just found out... Lou refuses to give bonus money out... hopefully this doesn't drag on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad