Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Mikko Koskinen

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Expensive for a back up, cheap for a 1B. No one really knows what he'll become yet, goalies are always such a crapshoot. But the fact that many other teams were after him and he chose Oilers, we can be pretty sure that 2.5M is about the market rate for him. Whenever the Oilers win a free agency bidding war it has to be good. Atleast it shows Chias ability to get things done.

Reactions: dawunderboy

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
We have a headcoach that has a career and ongoing tendency to very rarely play backups and we're paying out 2.5M for a backup.

Meanwhile we have a team that is so bereft of usable wingers that the HC was auditioning Auvitu as a winger and was even forced into converting RNH to one.

Is it ever more evident that there are philosophical differences taking place?

But hey, we got Talbot, Montoya, and the new 2.5M buck guy I've never heard of. We gots lots of goalies..

Keep in mind as well the last time Chia played a goalie hunch it was Nillson..

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Tough to say how he'll translate, but he has some pretty insane numbers in the KHL and internationally.

Mikko Koskinen

He's played 15+ playoff games in each of the last four seasons and his worst GAA is 1.64 and SV% is .935. That's...pretty good.

Last edited:
Reactions: nabob

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Cheap? That's pricy. I'd have paid $1.5 million. No wonder he jumped at the chance of signing here. He'd better be really good.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Goaltending is even more suspect than defence and wings right now , so looking at his KHL stats this might be a possible diamond in the rough

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
I’ll believe it when it happens, Kalnins is a terrible source, he said the islanders were signing him a couple days ago, so definitely going to wait on the AAV and term from some with a better reputation.

Reactions: nabob and OilDrop37
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad