Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Joel Persson (D)

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
This may be redundant but I haven't heard mention of him all training camp or pre-season. Was he here or did i miss something?
Thanks!

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
This may be redundant but I haven't heard mention of him all training camp or pre-season. Was he here or did i miss something?
Thanks!
No he wasn’t here. He was signed and instantly loaned to his SEL team for this season. He will at next years camp.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I just hope he plays. It is a mean nothing game for both sides
He'll play. Vaxjo took the championsleague serious last year and Persson was their lead scorer. Seeing the struggles they've had so far in regular season I bet they'll want a statement game vs Cardiff.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
One observation is he does many passes that would get him eaten alive in the nhl

I mean, this is an exhibition game is it not? I would prefer he attempt creative stuff when he sees the openings personally.

p.s. thanks for the reports!

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I mean, this is an exhibition game is it not? I would prefer he attempt creative stuff when he sees the openings personally.

p.s. thanks for the reports!

CHAMPIONSHIP HOCKEY LEAGUE

not an x game

Devils blew them out at home last year. The media and fans have been at them all week

It is a must win to keep hope alive

Reactions: Aerrol

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Thanks for the game notes. Pretty much agrees with what I have seen in the few viewings I have managed this season.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Thanks for the game notes. Pretty much agrees with what I have seen in the few viewings I have managed this season.

My concerns are

1. Never on the ice for face offs in his own zone. Might have been just this game.
2. When was killing 4 minute short handed situation and rolled with 3 sets of 4. He was never on the ice.
3. When the devil's were on the attack when 5 on 5 he backed up giving up too much ice and allowing several scoring chances
4. Got pushed around on the ice and avoided contact
5. He can skate

He reminds me of MAB with his open ice passes.

Last edited:

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Another assist tonight.

8 pts in his last 6 GP.

He is now leading all D in scoring in the SHL
21 GP 3 G 12 A 15 pts

That's a lot for SHL. D men top scorers, very top, normally are around 35 pts over 55 GP. Joel is on pace for 39 pts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->