Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Joel Persson (D)

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Smart D adapt to leagues and different styles. Klingberg bounced around teams and leagues in Euro hockey because he made risky plays and played a wild style and coaches could handle it. But he had the hockey IQ to adjust his game to NA.

Not saying Petersson will ever be close to Klingberg, but I ve learned to not put much stock into how non elite taltents play in europe. Different game, different styles. Hockey IQ is the one thing that will make or break a player

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Training camp next year will be the first time that we have some REALLY tough choices to make on D. Bouchard, Persson, Bear and Jones all have a real shot at making it, and Lagesson is even a dark horse.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Thanks. I wonder if he'd come over and play in Bako for some games so that we can get a good look at him as a player on NA ice?

He will be added to the Swedish world championship squad--they start training almost right after the SHL season ends

I know in North America the worlds is not that important--but here in Europe many countries take it seriously

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
SHL ends beginng March.

All teams play at least one play-in or play-out round (best of three) until mid-march.
Then quarterfinals.

Quarter finals: mid March to end March.
Semis: end March to early/mid April.
Finals: early/mid April to end April.

Vaxjo will 99% make the quarter finals, so at the earliest end March.

Skelleftea I would say the same but they are in bad form right now and are falling behind fast.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
He will be added to the Swedish world championship squad--they start training almost right after the SHL season ends

I know in North America the worlds is not that important--but here in Europe many countries take it seriously

He could say no, even though I doubt he will. It's not a great situation to be honest, he has little chance of making the team. The last two years were magic for team Swe and the hype was huge, all invited NA players came. Even if half of them say yes he'd still be cut.

Last edited:

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I think he will get a longer look this year.

My concerns are about his lack of physical play and play in his own zone
I agree, as you know I had the same worries at the beginning of the season. He looked lost, now he looks much more assertive. I think that this is a very talented late bloomer, but more importantly he is such a mature player. Maybe it has to do with not being a pro until a few years ago, he seemsto have respect for what is necessary to succeed but at the same time lack respect for opponents when playing (in a good way).

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
trade the bum!

Like I said--I have my concerns and I hope posters do not just look at this stats and rub their hands together

for context

We all laughed at the Patrick Stefan missed empty net goal--do we remember the D man that coughed up the puck? MAB..that is the type of plays that he gets involved in in his own zone

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Like I said--I have my concerns and I hope posters do not just look at this stats and rub their hands together

for context

We all laughed at the Patrick Stefan missed empty net goal--do we remember the D man that coughed up the puck? MAB..that is the type of plays that he gets involved in in his own zone
MAB got a +1 there baby!

Reactions: Blue line Howie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad