Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Devin Shore & Ryan Stanton to PTOs

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Devin Sure......."Sure Mr. Tippett I will back check ...............u know .....once in a while. We have real solid guys on D....I have alot of faith in them."

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
I love what Holland is doing. These little pieces are not insignificant. In a short season, with lots of back to backs and high risk of losing players for various reasons (injury, covid, tired), he's making sure that the Oilers always have NHL caliber players available. Every team is going to have injuries or tired guys. Oilers will have good replacement players. We had a huge swarm of injuries last year where we could have lost many games, like we have in the past. But b/c we filled in spots with decent enough players, we still acquired points. This can easily make the biggest difference this year. I'm not hearing much from the other Canadian teams (but also not looking for news), are they adding this much depth as well?

North

Jun 25, 2009
I love what Holland is doing. These little pieces are not insignificant. In a short season, with lots of back to backs and high risk of losing players for various reasons (injury, covid, tired), he's making sure that the Oilers always have NHL caliber players available. Every team is going to have injuries or tired guys. Oilers will have good replacement players. We had a huge swarm of injuries last year where we could have lost many games, like we have in the past. But b/c we filled in spots with decent enough players, we still acquired points. This can easily make the biggest difference this year. I'm not hearing much from the other Canadian teams (but also not looking for news), are they adding this much depth as well?

I think Toronto added some cheap goaltending depth earlier but I don’t think they’ve done the same with skaters.

I’m not sure why all teams aren’t pursuing this considering the compressed schedule.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
I think Toronto added some cheap goaltending depth earlier but I don’t think they’ve done the same with skaters.

I’m not sure why all teams aren’t pursuing this considering the compressed schedule.

Maybe other GMs don't think they'll need the extra players or are at max cap already and just can't fit anything else in? TBH, I'm surprised KH has been able to do this with the little cap we have. It's quite remarkable actually.

oilgirl

Jul 7, 2006
Edmonton
Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet?
LetterkennyIrishjersey_620x.jpg

Reactions: Dr Awesome

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Got a dumb question for ya. Where is Leterkenney based outta?

It's based on the main guy's hometown, Listowel, Ontario. I live about an hour from there and it's hilarious how accurate the show is for some of the folks who live there.

I think they've done most of the filming up in Sudbury though.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
It's based on the main guy's hometown, Listowel, Ontario. I live about an hour from there and it's hilarious how accurate the show is for some of the folks who live there.

I think they've done most of the filming up in Sudbury though.

Been thru the area . Drove to Vancouver from NS back in 95. Drove by Sudbury in 3rd week of September. Very cold

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad