Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Devin Shore & Ryan Stanton to PTOs

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I like Haas more. Rather stick with him
I don't have a strong opinion on either of them. I couldn't pick Shore out of a lineup and Haas so far in his short NHL career hasn't been anything more than a nothing fill player. Doesn't matter to me who makes the team out of camp.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Is Haas coming to camp

49EAD656-B06B-4D65-9122-8F0BDE882E5F.jpeg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
How do you know Shore is the better player? Have you seen him play? If he is good, why hasn't he been signed to an NHL contract?

It’s just my own opinion watching him play a lot with Anahiem and Dallas over the years. Why hasn’t he been signed - probably because teams are tight on budget which is why a whole host of players aren’t signed yet. Sami Vatanen doesn’t have a deal yet, just saying right now in a Covid world things take time.

I’m not saying he’s a world beater but from what I’ve seen over the years he’s better and more consistent than Khaira and Haas is still unproven at the NHL level.

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
More good depth options.

This makes a lot of sense regarding the compacted schedule and the teams least favorable rest schedule. Having fresh bodies is paramount.

God knows what'll happen if players contracted Covid during the season, not just players from the Oilers but in general. Knock on wood!

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He hasn't scored over 10 points in his last 2 seasons. Sounds more like bias against Khaira from you Cyclone
You didn't read his stats right. He played for 2 teams each of the last 2 seasons
2018-2019 he had 29 points
2019-2020 he had 12 in 45
He is also solid defensively.

Khaira had 18 points and 10 points and is bad defensively but good on the PK.

Where is my bias?

You also said in another post you just like Haas more even though he offensively has done less than Shore has and is arguably worse or even defensively.

So maybe you have the bias?

ZenOil

Fast Twitch Hitch
Sep 23, 2010
Vancouver
I think Kharia should try wing. Less thinking the better for him. Keep it simple, play big, win board battles and drive the net. Doubt it ever happens on the Oilers, but he has tools. Anyway the 4th line center spot will be interesting

Reactions: Oilhawks

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Devin Shore is an upgrade. Shore is to Sheahan as Kahun is to Athanasiou. This club has methodically improved and added depth at every position with the exception of goaltender and "debatably" left defense.

Edit: With the addition of Anton Forsberg even the goaltending pool is deeper.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
You didn't read his stats right. He played for 2 teams each of the last 2 seasons
2018-2019 he had 29 points
2019-2020 he had 12 in 45
He is also solid defensively.

Khaira had 18 points and 10 points and is bad defensively but good on the PK.

Where is my bias?

You also said in another post you just like Haas more even though he offensively has done less than Shore has and is arguably worse or even defensively.

So maybe you have the bias?
Nope.

Reactions: Anarchism

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Compared to Khaira, absolutely.
Well, id put you above Khaira defensively. So that's not saying much.

For the record, im not saying this is a bad move to PTO him, more competition/depth the better.

Khaira's biggest problem is he tries to play like a skilled player which he isnt, if he kept it simple, and stopped f***ing turning it over right before clearing the blueline, he would be fine 5on5.

Reactions: Anarchism

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
#1 RNH-McDavid-Kassian
#2 Kahun-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
#3 Ennis-Turris-Puljujarvi
#4 Archibald-Kharia-Neal

Possible Depth players for injuries/substitutions:
Nygard-Shore-Chiasson
Benson-Hass-P. Russell
Cracknell-Quine-Griffth

Prospects in the minors:
McLeod-Lavoie
Marody-Maksimov

Love the depth!

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Well, id put you above Khaira defensively. So that's not saying much.

For the record, im not saying this is a bad move to PTO him, more competition/depth the better.

Khaira's biggest problem is he tries to play like a skilled player which he isnt, if he kept it simple, and stopped f***ing turning it over right before clearing the blueline, he would be fine 5on5.
He also does next to nothing offensively while trying to be a skilled players. Which is dissapointing. I'd rather put Shore there who is at the absolute worst even with Khaira defensively (I think he is better) while also routinely being better offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad