Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Devin Shore & Ryan Stanton to PTOs

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Interesting... Shore might end up on the taxi squad. Stanton already has a contract with Bakersfield, so this might just be a way to have him in the NHL training camp.

Edit: What are the chances Shore beats out Khaira and Haas for the 4C spot?

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Interesting... Shore might end up on the taxi squad. Stanton already has a contract with Bakersfield, so this might just be a way to have him in the NHL training camp.

I would think fairly good, I wouldn’t say Haas or Khaira are a shoe in over him for the 4C spot

Reactions: ujju2

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Shore is...ungood at 5v5.

If he was the 5C, not a problem. He could challenge Jujhar or Haas though because neither are amazing options. I prefer Haas the most.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Shore is a nice add. Doesn't quite have Sheahan's resume as a PKer but he's miles better offensively and has played not-insignificant minutes shorthanded the last few years. This is definitely a warning shot to Haas and Khaira though, both should be sweating this.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

I would say 90%. Khaira is too inconsistent and brings next to zero 5v5. Haas will miss some camp time and Shore is the better player IMO.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Actually if they waive Khaira he may get claimed (Stauffer has mentioned this in the past) so it could be waiver wire insurance if Khaira is on taxi squad and needed waivers.

Reactions: DropTheGloves

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I didn't realize we had signed Stanton to an AHL deal. In the rumors thread I was just saying that it seems like a weird retread after we let him walk a year ago.

Don't know much about Shore tbh.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Actually if they waive Khaira he may get claimed (Stauffer has mentioned this in the past) so it could be waiver wire insurance if Khaira is on taxi squad and needed waivers.
What r we on the hook for money wise if he goes waivers and is claimed?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I got one word for us then

Waive

I was just confused if we put him on waivers and someone claims him, r we responsible for 1/2

You're confusing it with re-entry waivers which no longer exists. It used to be that once a player had been waived and sent to the minors, in order to call them back up they would need to go through re-entry waivers. At which point they would go back on waivers but the salary/cap would be shared 50/50 by the team that was claiming the player and the original team.

The league got rid of the rule after the last lockout in 2012.

Now once a team successfully clears waivers they can be called up/sent down as desired (until they hit a certain number of days on the NHL roster where they would need waivers again).

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
You're confusing it with re-entry waivers which no longer exists. It used to be that once a player had been waived and sent to the minors, in order to call them back up they would need to go through re-entry waivers. At which point they would go back on waivers but the salary/cap would be shared 50/50 by the team that was claiming the player and the original team.

Now once a team successfully clears waivers they can be called up/sent down as desired (until they hit a certain number of days on the NHL roster where they would need waivers again).

gotcha

I say WAIVE

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Re entry waivers were so damn dumb. So glad they are gone.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Shore is...ungood at 5v5.

If he was the 5C, not a problem. He could challenge Jujhar or Haas though because neither are amazing options. I prefer Haas the most.

Shore isn't an adequate 4C. He's part of the taxi squad if he makes the team. Rather stick with Haas at centre

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I would say 90%. Khaira is too inconsistent and brings next to zero 5v5. Haas will miss some camp time and Shore is the better player IMO.

How do you know Shore is the better player? Have you seen him play? If he is good, why hasn't he been signed to an NHL contract?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad