Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Brodziak (C) 2 years/$1.15M AAV

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Anyone that has played hockey or a similar violent team sport like rugby or football knows exactly how important it is to have character guys like that in the room.

No analytics will ever capture this effect and those who deny it are likely spreadsheet nerds who have never actually been in a locker room.
Agreed with this, and although Lucic might not score alot, he still has an effect that makes the players feel safe aswell.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Anyone wondering if Brodziak is a guy who has a similar effect in the room that Matty Hendricks had? St. Louis is really stuggling and Edmonton is back to where they were 2 seasons ago. I know there are a lot of other variables in play, but Brodziak strikes me as a great vet to have in the room. Knows his role and is a warrior on the 4th line.

I think it has more to do with us having depth 2 years ago, no depth last year, and now we have depth again. I’d also argue it’s pretty hard for anyone to replace Matty. The guy was an unbelievable leader. But it’s impossible to say without being in the room right now.

Speaking of Matty, I keep hoping we’ll sign him as a coach when he retires. The video of him in the playoffs coming down from the press box and going to all the guys in the room and firing them up between periods is all I need to see to want him around. Plus, those types of players usually make better coaches.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I think it has more to do with us having depth 2 years ago, no depth last year, and now we have depth again. I’d also argue it’s pretty hard for anyone to replace Matty. The guy was an unbelievable leader. But it’s impossible to say without being in the room right now.

Speaking of Matty, I keep hoping we’ll sign him as a coach when he retires. The video of him in the playoffs coming down from the press box and going to all the guys in the room and firing them up between periods is all I need to see to want him around. Plus, those types of players usually make better coaches.

We had pretty much the exact same roster for the 2 years your talking about. If anything we had a better roster last year, as just one year older should of been better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad